MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £70,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to 27% of base salary
- Car allowance of £300 per month
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 2-3 days on site
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Business Partner to lead a dynamic and complex sector of our business. You will provide financial support and oversight to multiple substantial long term contracts as well as financial management of existing contracts. This sector is one of significant existing backlog as well as new business opportunities, therefore providing scope to contribute meaningfully on a broad range of financial topics.
To provide financial support and oversight of Meteor programmes, the role supports key domestic and export contracts, with significant potential for further new business and a requirement to manage a wide range of financial topics (Contract profitability statement, Discretionary Funding, business case, bid cost base validation etc)
The successful candidate will form an important part of the Meteor leadership team and must therefore be comfortable expressing their opinion and appropriately challenging the team to help drive optimal business/financial decisions.
What we're looking for
- Qualified CIMA/ACA/ACCA with post qualification experience or equivalent
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders and conflicting demands and deadlines is essential.
- Prior experience in financial management of long terms contracts (IFRS 15) and hedging (IFRS 9) highly desirable.
- Experience of leading and developing team members is required.
- Experience of production contracts/UPC management is desirable, though not required
- Prior understanding of managing foreign currency transactions would be beneficial
- Comfortable working closely & communicating effectively with finance and non-finance colleagues.
- Pro-active leader of change, willing to bring new ideas and experiences to the team and influence ways of working across finance and non-finance areas.
What's in it for you?
- Exciting opportunity to contribute and add value in a challenging and constantly evolving area of the business.
- Be part of an inclusive and supportive programme team
- Chance to develop team members and share experiences.
- Longer term – opportunity to move around the wider finance team into a variety of roles
Main roles & responsibilities
- Management and support to the development of the wider team.
- Preparation of the multi-year business plan (ISBP) and the annual budget for Meteor.
- Reporting KPI's on a timely basis, achievement against these targets, including preparation of financial year outlooks.
- Financial management of contracts including: revenue & margin trading, bi-annual Estimate at Completion preparation, cash management, currency management, customer reporting/interfacing.
- Responsible for the integrity of financial records of each Contract – including interacting with external auditors as required.
- Participate as an active member of the Meteor leadership team, promoting financial awareness and supporting the programmes in achieving Budget / Plan performance.
- Provide financial support to the Meteor business team, becoming a valued member of the team and providing robust financial insight and assistance.
- Actively seeking and driving improvements in working practices.
Join a great team!
The finance team at MBDA is a really welcoming, friendly and helpful group, with great team spirit (and various social occasions through the year!)
Your immediate team is a group of enthusiastic and committed professionals, always willing to go the extra mile to support each other.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.