MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary £50K to £65K dependent on experience + benefits + bonus - We are recruiting several roles at Scrum Master and Senior Scrum Master level.
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to £2000 for Scrum Master level and up to 21.25% of base salary at Senior Scrum Master level
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime and Up to 15 days flexi leave (at Scrum Master level only)
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking (and gym on site at Stevenage)
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working – typically 2/3 days per week onsite in either Stevenage or Bristol
MBDA are committed to changing our ways of working and we are recruiting Scrum Masters to join our newly formed, growing Agility Practice.
Our Scrum Masters (Agile Practitioners) work primarily to develop our people and teams by teaching, facilitation, mentoring and coaching. Being an agile leader that serves teams and working collaboratively from within our Agile Practice to grow agile maturity.
Other activities away from the team-level include being an Agile Practitioner, across an interesting, complex defence project domain supported by our Agile Coaches, collaborating with colleagues, stakeholders and customers within a large scaled agile programme.
Always supported both from within MBDA and the Agility Practice, your initial responsibilities will be commensurate with your current ability, skill and experience but will change as you progress and your experience develops.
What we are looking for from you:
- Passionate, committed Scrum Masters (Agile Practitioner), serving 1 or 2 technical teams
- Be a positive, pragmatic and credible Scrum Master, with the ability to clearly articulate agile principles, concepts and the Scrum framework
- An confident as a teacher or workshop facilitator, and building psychological safety within their teams, and help protect and shield their teams from outside distractions
- Experience of leading scrum team(s) with an scaling framework, would be advantageous
- Scrum Masters or Agile Practitioners, with a suitable depth of experience(s) from a military, defence system, engineering or industry domain background
- Ideally, you will hold PSM2, PSM3, A-CSM or CSP or ICP-ACC qualifications.
What we are offering:
- Support, training and continuous development to help you grow your Agile Practice
- Working with technical competent teams, building leading edge systems and capabilities
- Helping to grow our recently formed Agile Practice and its service to our colleagues
- Coaching and mentoring to get the best out of your career
- Helping shape our future of Agility at MBDA
Join a great team!
Our wider agile community of practice is a thriving community of both experienced and aspiring Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches all with a vision to enable a new culture within MBDA focused on Agile practices and mind-set.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply.
As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.