The Private Wealth Management (PWM) business provides end to end Investment Management services and advise across a full range of asset classes for High-net-worth individuals. PWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to service clients. This platform helps realize a client's goals and objectives, develops, and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service. PWM Client Onboarding Technology, part of PWM Technology is a platform comprising of multiple system needed for onboarding PWM Clients and manage lifecycle. Team is global with developers located in Salt Lake City/Dallas, Bengaluru/Hyderabad & New York/New Jersey. Join PWM Client Onboarding Technology to be part of a team that is building the next generation onboarding platform for clients across AWM. We are building highly scalable, distributed, low latency onboarding application that provides unified client experience across various divisions in AWM. Our tech stack is both wide and deep. We use technologies/frameworks like ReactJS, Elastic, drools, Geode cache, Camunda workflows and our application is built based on a scalable micro services architecture. You will be part of a smart, passionate, and fun team of developers who are excellent collaborators. You will get to design, develop, and deploy features across the stack. WHO WE LOOK FOR
Maturity, strong judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role. Responsibilities include working with PWM Engineering, Product, Design and Operations to define strategy and requirements, identifying and securing commitment from teams across the division for new initiatives, driving consensus on the technical approach, setting timelines, and leading cross-functional development teams from design through delivery. You'll need to be a strong project manager with technical and business acumen as well as an excellent communicator -- whether working with developers or providing updates to engineering and business leadership. The ideal candidate is an influential leader with a knack for getting things done. Someone who is able separate what's important from what's urgent and find the best path forward from among multiple scenarios, earn the trust of stakeholders, and improve the efficiency of our cross-functional organization. YOU WILL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Manage technology programs, defining milestones and success criteria, resource allocation, structuring and delivering complex cross-functional initiatives
- Lead project execution, status monitoring and communication, change and dependency management
- Identify complex risks, communicate appropriately, devise and implement mitigants, track and remove impediments, and guide the team to remove impediments
- Engage diverse stakeholders (e.g. Product, Engineering, Design, Ops, Compliance, etc.), synthesize complex requirements, manage competing priorities, recommend appropriate solutions and optimize roadmaps
- Guide and coach the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers
- Facilitate Scrum events and other ad-hoc meetings for teams, including multi-team events like Big Room Planning, Scrum of Scrums, and story mapping
- Assess the Agile Maturity of the team and organization and coach to higher levels of maturity by defining scaling practices, team-level best practices, tooling and reporting
- Work with the Scrum Team and stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams
- Guide team members in story writing and refinement, backlog maintenance, prioritization and planning. Facilitating creation and prioritization of program-level feature and architectural backlogs.
- Effectively use metrics and data visualization to report progress and support data-driven decision making at the team or program level
- Facilitate estimation and planning at the team or program level, assisting in creating useful, reliable and practical forecasts for delivery sprints and releases
- Bachelor's degree or international equivalent
- 6+ years’ experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team that diligently applied Agile principles, practices, and theory
- 3 years of experience with scaled Agile (SAFe, LESS) in a hands-on leadership role (e.g., Release Train Engineer, Agile Program Manager)
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games, etc.
- Understanding of Financial concepts, products and services
- Understanding of the Technology Concepts and System Development Life Cycle fundamentals
- Understanding and experience of project management from initiation to implementation (risks, issue management, etc.)
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team and collaboration oriented environment
- Excellent attention to detail, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively articulate business cases and drive consensus with senior management
- Software development experience
- Leadership role in a large-scale Agile transformation
- Knowledge of multiple approaches in the Agile space: SAFe, LESS, Kanban, Lean, etc
- Experience in Scrum Master and scaled Agile or transformation roles in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Active participant in the Agile community
- Familiarity with Atlassian JIRA
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity