What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists’ groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change, and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Asset & Wealth Management Segment:
Across Asset and Wealth Management (AWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals.
- The Private Wealth management (PWM) business within Asset & Wealth Management division provides comprehensive Investment Management services and advice across a full-range of asset classes for very high net worth individuals. PWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to service clients. This platform helps realize a client's goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
- Across AWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high-net-worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Wealth Management Engineering requires an experienced hybrid Project Manager and Business Analyst to manage critical growth Initiatives and Regulatory obligations by leveraging best in class project management skills and strong functional / architectural expertise. We are seeking an experienced Project Manager / Business Analyst with excellent analytical, communication and co-ordination skills to support technology needs across the Divisions. The role creates the opportunity for an individual to manage critical/key initiatives for the Asset and Wealth Management Division (AWM) which require an engineering uplift to meet new business opportunities and/or respond to industry and regulatory demands.
Role will include:
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Collaborating with Divisional and Engineering Management, Operations, Legal and Compliance to define and document the problem domain and Requirements.
- Work with Engineering leadership and teams (within AWM and across Divisions of the firm) to agree solution design, resourcing, and deliverables
- Supporting the Engineering teams during the entire development lifecycle by liaising with the broader project team to ensure supporting dependencies and deliverables are being met.
- Holding project teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work
- Defining, agreeing, tracking key project delivery metrics such as OKRs and Measures of Success and communicating status to senior leadership on a regular basis.
- Acquiring a deep functional knowledge of the problem domain and functional areas.
- Asking focused questions and rapidly gain an in-depth understanding of the current processes and compare and relate to similar situations
- Apply first-principles / critical thinking to challenge assumptions (such as functional requirements and solution designs).
- Conduct detailed problem tracking, resolutions and completion of all actions and issues by their deadlines.
- Escalate items that are unresolved or at risk. Prioritize analysis based on risks and demonstrate ability to work with incomplete information.
- Apply an agile methodology and define the Minimum Viable Product, critical path to delivery where appropriate
Basic skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Project Manager / Business Analyst within the Financial Services industry.
- Strong understanding and experience of the Technology Concepts and System Development Life Cycle fundamentals
- Understanding of Investment Banking Business and Financial concepts, products and services.
- Understanding of the global financial regulatory environment.
- Strong track record of leading and delivering complex programs with tight deadlines including regulatory obligations.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively articulate business cases and drive consensus with senior management
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team and collaboration-oriented environment
- Must demonstrate considerable energy, focus, drive, and a sense of urgency
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Agile project management and / or coaching experience e.g.
- Defining project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value
- Supporting the Product Owner in managing expectations for project deliverables
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity