A great opportunity for a service leaver, a developing engineer, graduate or anyone in-between!
Salary: up to £55,000 (depending on experience)
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
This is a great opportunity to be involved in a highly successful weapon system programme within the Platform Data Link team, providing through-life support of all aspects of an important sub-system, the Platform Data Link Terminal (PDLT). A major sub system of an air defence Weapon System; operating within a busy delivery programme for UK and international customers ensuring the product maintains the highest of standards.
Working with technologies at the forefront of European weapon systems design, supporting the development of high performance, safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on.
You will be given responsibility across varied engineering topics, and the freedom to manage your own tasks, including:
- Providing advice on In-service Support Queries.
- Undertake Model-Based System Engineering (using Rhapsody)
- Product validation and certification of changes to made to the standard product.
- Interacting with project managers/planners to update plans and forecasting spend/labour.
- Producing and reviewing engineering papers.
- Systems Engineering activities including, Requirement Analysis, Requirement flow down and trade off studies
What are we looking for?
- Someone who can challenge established processes and behaviours to make improvements.
- Experience in engineering product delivery
- Experience of technical problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- A team player with positive collaborative behaviours
- Excellent ‘can do' attitude and pro-active behaviours
Not Essential - Great to have….
- An understanding of System Engineering Process (including System Specification, System Test and Integration)
- Experience of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) using SysML and UML, preferably using Rhapsody
- Experience in tools for Requirements Capture and Control (DOORS) and Configuration Management (Dimensions or RTC)
What is great about the team?
- The team deliver communication system solutions into a range of air, land and naval programmes across all stages of the product lifecycle.
- It is a small, highly regarded and well-established team of very capable individuals who are very motivated to deliver what is required.
- The team is exposed to a wide range of engineering fields from systems design, software development and hardware integration and test of complex RF technologies.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.