BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence are urgently seeking a dynamic and ambitious Junior Software Engineer to join a high-performing team engaged on a range of large-scale public sector engagements.
You will operate as a bridge between development, testing, network/infrastructure, operations, and system administrators to facilitate efficient, continuous, and high quality software delivery. The processes and tools you will implement will enable software engineers to turn source code and associated artefacts into installation media, and/or installed and configured environments.Please note that this role requires a minimum of NV1 Security Clearance to start the role.
- Design, build and maintain automation solutions for building, testing, deploying application, and infrastructure.
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams to problem solve, knowledge share, and collaborate to achieve common goals.
- Maintain products produced from development through to operations.
- Responsible for managing on-going BAU support of platforms in operation environments, including change and incident management, service requests, and proactive monitoring and maintenance.
- Ensure security is considered early in the development lifecycle and constantly maintained.
- Design and document architectures using best practice, patterns, and frameworks.
- Deliver solutions to orchestrate the deployment, management scaling and networking of containers
Skills & Experience in your Toolkit:
- Continuous Integration - skilled in the tooling and principles of continually building, testing, and integrating the software that developers produce.
- Continuous Deployment - skilled in the automation of the deployment of the artefacts produced by the CI.
- Configuration Management - practice good configuration and source code control of all artefacts.
- Cloud Platforms - should be confident with the configuration of a least one public or private Cloud platform.
- Operating Systems - should be able to configure, harden, and maintain at least one flavour of operating system.
- Containerisation - experience with at least one containerisation platform and orchestration tool.
- High-level understanding of application development technology to enable build and deployment.
- Databases - should be able to deploy and maintain different database management systems and understand enough to fault find issues.
- Legacy infrastructures - need to be able to understand the legacy technology in certain projects.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is creating an environment for engineers to grow and maximise their potential, providing the platform to learn and innovate, as they encourage a growth mindset. This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic and ambitious DevOps Engineer to join a global service provider at the forefront of highly impactful, critical government projects. BAE Systems Digital Intelligence provides a structured career path with extensive scope for career progression, as well as a market leading remuneration package. Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.