MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £55,000 - £65,000
depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking (and gym on site at Stevenage)
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 2-3 days per week onsite and the rest remote working.The opportunity:
This is an exciting engineering role for an electrical or electronic engineer to work on the next generation of missile defence systems within the Missile Electrical Architecture function in MBDA UK. Missile Electrical Architects are involved in all aspects of missile development, from the early feasibility studies to series production and in-service support.
You'll be performing a key role for one of the many exciting new projects within MBDA. Leading and handling the electrical/electronic technical aspects of the system architecture and topology of the missile and launcher. Along with this you will specify and determine:
- Electrical requirements for subsystems/equipment
- Interface definitions and characteristics
- Power architecture, including load budget and profiles
- Data communication and processing architecture
- Requirements for EMC, bonding, grounding and screening
- Signal safety, including routing of safety-related signals
- Advise in technical discussions with design authorities of equipment suppliers (internal and external)
As an important and senior member in the area you will be involved in knowledge management across the team. You'll also have the opportunity to act as a Technical adviser across the project, support testing and fault finding activities during checks risk reduction, EMC, system proving/qualification and integration. Author and review reports, guidelines, design assessments and provide analysis to the wider team along with supporting in design reviews.
To support you in your role training is available to ensure your future development.What we're looking for from you:
- A degree or equivalent qualification in electrical/electronic engineering or a related subject
- Previous experience working within the defence (or similarly regulated) industry is desired for this role
- UK/international travel may be required to suppliers, customers, and other MBDA sites in UK & Europe.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.