Our Risk teams develop comprehensive processes to monitor, assess, and manage the risk of expected and unexpected events that may have an adverse impact on the firm. Risk professionals execute critical day-to-day risk management activities, lead projects, and contribute to the ongoing advancement of a robust risk management program. Effective coordination with executive management, business units, control departments and technology is critical for success. MODEL RISK MANAGEMENT (MRM)
Goldman Sachs Model Risk Management (MRM) is a multidisciplinary group of quantitative experts located in New York, Dallas, London, Warsaw, Hong Kong, and Bangalore. MRM is responsible for independent oversight and approval of all the firm’s quantitative models, ensuring compliance with both internal and supervisory standards. There are a wide variety of models used in the firm across its range of businesses, including ones used for derivatives valuation, risk management, electronic trading. Mathematical methods employed by these models include stochastic processes, machine learning, optimization techniques, statistical analyses and numerical techniques. RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Perform validation and approval of the firm’s models by verifying conceptual soundness, methodology, and implementation, and by identifying limitations and uncertainties
- Assess and quantify model risk by developing alternative benchmark models
- Oversee monitoring of ongoing model performance
- Communicate validation outcomes to key stakeholders and management
The MRM group looks for people with strong quantitative and technical backgrounds and a strong interest in financial markets. We seek bright and dynamic individuals with an advanced degree (e.g. PhD, MFE) in quantitative fields such as maths, physics, engineering, computer science, or financial engineering. Applicants should possess the following:
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Excellent quantitative problem-solving skills
- Experience in stochastic modeling, numerical simulation, and data analysis
- Machine learning knowledge (preferred)
- Good communication skills with the ability to explain complex problems in a simple way
- Eagerness and ability to learn new technologies and programming languages
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team orientation and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2022. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity