MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £45,000- £50,000
depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working – ideally 2-3 days per week on site.The opportunity:
MBDA UK is looking to recruit a management accountant to work with its Engineering directorate. This is a business critical role to enable UK Finance to support MBDA UK and operate effectively by providing timely support and information to influence decisions.
You will be a qualified management accountant with relevant experience, preferably within a complex multi-national organisation.
You will be confident owning and presenting information to senior management and informing, influencing and guiding business decisions. You will deliver this with a combination of personal responsibility and effective team management to ensure a high level of service and accuracy. As a result, experience managing a team would be advantageous.What we're looking for from you:
You will be responsible for:
- Qualified accountant: CIMA, ACCA or ACA
- Experience of management accounts including preparation and presentation
- Ability to produce credible annual budgets in collaboration with senior management
- Comfortable with interrogation of large datasets; primarily within Excel
- Ability to balance and plan around multiple interests and be pragmatic in finding suitable solutions
- A clear communicator across a wide breadth of stakeholders
- Experience of SAP (including BPC and SAC) would be an advantage
- Managing the month end closing process for the Engineering Directorate
- Producing management reports for the Directorate as a whole and for its constituent business units
- Leading the annual budget process for the Engineering Directorate
- Ad hoc data interrogation to provide further context and drivers of key performance metrics
- Management of your team to ensure the accurate reflection of data in key financial systems
- Liaising with members of the wider cost base to allow knowledge sharing and encourage consistency
- Utilising experience and knowledge to improve existing tools and processes
- Working with division heads to ensure cost control and financial policy is followed through judgement and pragmatism
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.