MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: up to £48K Pro Rata dependent on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave Pro Rata (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
An opportunity has arisen to join an enthusiastic, driven and dynamic team, working across international boundaries who are focussed on delivering a Mission Planning product for a key domestic and export customers.
What are we looking for?
- Understanding of System Engineering Process is essential with recent experience in a systems engineering role ideally across the full lifecycle.
- Experience in tools for Requirements Capture and Control (e.g. DOORS) and Configuration Management essential.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a collaborative environment spanning a number of teams and locations is essential.
- Experience of technical problem solving and a strong ability to think analytically.
- General understanding of mission planning principles would be beneficial.
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
What's in it for you?
You will be working on Mission Planning products for key domestic and export customers. The development is closely coupled with MBDA-France and as such, there is a strong emphasis on strong international working, providing opportunity for some travel and exposure across the French side of our business. In addition, we work closely with many external partners, which the successful candidate would have the opportunity to participate in, these include BAE Systems and several areas within the Ministry of Defence.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to…
- Work across a large range of the product lifecycle, including requirements definition, design generation and flow down through to proving and certification activities.
- Work with MBDA-Fr and local SMEs to build a sound understanding of the underlying principles of the system.
- Author key documents, both internal and for the end user.
- You will be conducting systems design activities for mission planning products.
- You will provide key inputs to requirements capture, design freezes, system integration and testing through to full product verification and certification.
- You will work closely with UK and French Systems and Software teams, as well as other parties to enable robust design and system validation.
Join a great team!
You'll be joining a focussed, agile team who are highly driven to deliver a Mission Planning product for a key domestic/export customer, on time, on cost and to the quality that MBDA is renowned for. The sub-system team is relatively small and colleagues work very closely, supporting each other to ensure continuous commitment to delivery is maintained.
The sub-system team works as part of the wider Mission Planning & Control Function, responsible for delivering a multitude of projects and you will have the opportunity to gain visibility across many of these projects.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.