MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the armed forces who protect our nations. We partner with our governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £60,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working - typically 2/3 days a week onsiteThe opportunity:
Are you passionate about managing critical supplier subcontracts?
Do you have experience of providing commercial guidance and would love the opportunity to work collaboratively with international suppliers?
Exciting opportunities have arisen within in the Major Equipment Procurement team to join our diverse department and work collaboratively with suppliers around the world!
The department is fast-paced and dynamic - no two days are the same! This is a great opportunity to develop a broad skillset , working globally, with future opportunities for career progression.
We are seeking a Senior Procurement Manager to pro-actively lead a small team of procurement professionals who, in turn, manage multiple critical supplier work packages such as Rocket Motors, Launchers, Warheads, Seeker Systems and much more!
As a Senior Procurement Manager, you will be empowered to ensure suppliers perform their contractual obligations in order to maintain MBDA's ability to meet its customer delivery milestones and the MEP team are given the right support and tools to enable this to happen.
You will lead a small team that are accountable for a portfolio of complex sub-system equipment, services or technology suppliers, focussing on obtaining Value for Money (VfM) solutions, drafting and negotiating subcontracts and, once on contract, managing supplier programmes and subcontracts.
You will build effective relationships, at all levels, to embed collaborative working within both MBDA multifunctional project teams and the supplier's organisation, ensuring the selected solution is developed and delivered by the supplier to meet MBDA needs.
Key aspects of the role involve:
What we're looking for from you:
- Creating a clear vision for the team and Procurement Strategy.
- Providing Commercial/Contractual advice, guidance (including advice on export control, Offset, Industrial Participation and Intellectual Property) and support to team members and internal customers.
- Synthesise multiple, often complex inputs to establish direction and sustain value-added activities.
- Lead a team (typically 3 to 5) to ensure they are effectively directed at achievement of company and project objectives.
- Managing major supplier relationships and lead negotiations across platforms and programmes.
- Provide advice and guidance on high-risk suppliers to Senior Management.
- Strong experience in Subcontract Management
- Ability to negotiate and knowledge of terms and conditions
- Demonstrable evidence of innovation and implementation of best practice
- Qualified in a business subject area, procurement or supply chain accreditations or equivalent experience
- Problem solving in an exciting commercial environment
- Reporting and co-operation with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to influence and manage multiple relationships
- Analysing situations and be adept at understanding and presenting different possibilities, balancing risk
- Team management/leadership experience
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.