MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: up to £53K pro rata, dependent on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Possible relocation available
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave pro rata
- 25 days annual leave pro rata (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer to join a highly collaborative team working in the Actuation Systems Centre of Excellence on a part time basis.
The Centre of Excellence is responsible for developing and certifying Actuation Systems for multiple international safety-critical projects across all phases of the development lifecycle.
What we're looking for
- Highly capable Systems Engineering practitioner, ideally with experience across the full the Systems Engineering lifecycle
- Experience of Use Case analysis and Requirements specification
- Experience of Model-Based Systems Engineering / SysML and use of Systems Engineering Tools such as IBM DOORS and Rhapsody is highly desirable
- While not essential, knowledge of Safety-Critical Systems Development and DO-178C would also be beneficial
What's in it for you?
- Work with a dynamic multi-disciplined team applying Agile principles to Systems Engineering and product development
- Manage product feature development from requirements analysis through to implementation and verification
- Develop knowledge of a cutting edge technologies and development techniques
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills and take on lead roles
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.