MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
What we can offer:
- Salary £40,000 to £75,000 (DOE)
- Generous bonus structure
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking.
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working. In this role 3/4 days per week in the office is required due to the secure classification of the work requiring secure network access.
Embedded Software Engineer
Technology matters more at MBDA. Our ever-evolving team powers the business across Europe and brings the next generation of defence solutions to life. Together we experiment, innovate and create across the full product lifecycle. And, in a collaborative and close-knit culture, we support each other to search for better. Join us as an Embedded Software Engineer and take our technology and your career into new territories.
You will be responsible for developing the on-board software for the next generation of Missile Systems. This is a hands-on role and will involve architecting, designing, implementing and testing missile subsystem software.
What we're looking for from you:
A software or electronics engineer with transferable talent into embedded software development for Real Time systems:
- Experience developing in languages such as C++, C or Rust and motivated to develop reliable, high performance, standardised, and documented software
- Understanding of standardised bus systems and protocols
- Excellent analytical and design ability, including review and critical analysis
- ‘Can do' and flexible approach – you'll enjoy solving technical problems that sometimes extend beyond the bounds of "software"
- Keen to work on novel products where the software you produce is time and mission critical
- Able to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders, including Systems Engineering, Electronics and Electrical, and Test and Validation
We're a wonderful place to learn. You'll be supported to hone your skills across the full development lifecycle – working with unique technologies to support some of the world's most advanced defence systems.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply.
As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.