We are looking for experienced Data Engineers to join our team following continuous growth and success in the UK Government sector.
Our people are what differentiates us, they are resourceful, innovative and dedicated. We have a mix of generalists and specialists and recognise that this diversity contributes to our success. We recognise the benefits of forming teams from a mix of disciplines, which allows us to come up with cutting edge, high quality solutions.
Our breadth of work across the Public Sector provides diverse opportunities for our people to develop their careers in new areas of expertise and with new clients. Our projects are spread across the Data Science lifecycle from delivering Research and Proof of Concept models, to building and delivering operational solutions.What you could be doing for us:
What background are we looking for?
- Design, develop, test and support data collection, data integration and ETL applications to make information and data available to key client stakeholders and technical interfaces
- Model data requirements, data sources and data flows to bring order and structure to programmes of work
- Defining how and where data is created, mastered and destroyed to ensure proper control over the lifecycle of corporate data assets
- Using categories of products that can be used to collect, integrate, store, visualise and govern data and metadata
- Define metadata to provide searchability and governance (including Records Management) for unstructured data.
How we will support you:
- Data Engineering, Analysis or Science, with a solid understanding of programming languages along with experience of applying them in your previous role
- Experience in using Data Engineering tools and technology ETL tools including Python and a number of the Big Data Applications. Rather than specifying a list of technologies we look for, demonstrable ability in what you have used previously, along with adaptability and willingness to learn is what we value
- A good understanding of Open Source software for Data Engineering and can evaluate these platforms against products. Given a customer problem you can analyse and evaluate options and recommend solutions.
- An understanding of maintaining and applies up to date, specialist knowledge of database concepts (including unstructured, NoSQL and "big data" platforms), object and data modelling techniques.
- Previous experience working in the domain of Cyber Security and Intelligence is desirable, but not essential.
- Work-life balance is important; you'll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- You can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You'll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don't know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You'll be part of our bonus scheme
You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.TravelPlease note as a Data Engineer you may be required to work on client sites that are away from your base location. This can be for an extended period of time. In this instance, all travel and expenses costs will be covered. This will not be applicable to all Engineering projects so If you have concerns about this; please speak to your recruitment contact.Security Clearance
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Due to the nature of our, work successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance