Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward. .
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What will you be doing?
The VP Engineering will lead the talented engineering teams across the group to drive the evolution of the products and services that power Funding Circle’s small business lending. As we evolve to a multi product strategy, our Technology is key to enabling innovation at pace.
- Set the strategic direction for the Engineering group to achieve continuous engineering excellence and own the quarterly OKRs to track and measure performance
- Work collaboratively with Product and Commercial leadership to ensure engineering investment is aligned to business and customer needs across the UK, US and FlexiPay businesses
- Drive continuous improvement in speed to market and quality of new product developments and ensure alignment with the overarching architecture strategy
- Contribute to the definition and execution of the Technology & Data Strategy to enable the overall Funding Circle strategy
- Lead and develop the engineering team to achieve consistently outstanding performance
To succeed in this role you will need strong engineering pedigree, first class leadership skills, delivery track record, stakeholder management and significant experience delivering digital product experiences. This role is also a key member of the Technology Leadership Team and will work with the CTO and other Tech LT members to ensure we achieve maximum impact from our technology investment.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering business and customer value through technology innovation
- Strong Engineering pedigree with the ability to translate theory into practice to drive performance
- First class leadership, capable of building and developing a highly engaged, high performing, diverse and talented team across multiple locations with clearly defined career progression opportunities
- Experienced in building a strong engineering culture through customer obsession and striving for agility, autonomy, quality and security
- Skilled at leveraging data to drive decisions and identify and implement improvement opportunities
- Passionate about innovation and exploring new technologies to drive business performance
- Accustomed to operating in a fast- paced, changing environment where adaptability and navigating ambiguity are key to succeeding.
- Have a genuine interest in helping SME’s and Small Businesses succeed
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say “I was there”. Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many – including yours.
Here at Funding Circle we have a hybrid working policy, for most teams this means we’d like to see you in the office 2-3 days a week. We hope this will give you the chance to connect with your colleagues and work in a way that is most effective for you!
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.