MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
What we can offer you:
- Annual bonus up to 21.25% of basic salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus additional holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
We have a great opportunity for a proactive and passionate Lead Software Developer to join our expanding team in Weapon Systems Simulation and Experimentation, delivering innovative solutions to provide an end to end representation of the weapon system.
This is a hands on role working collaboratively with Project Leads, Simulation Architects and the wider MBDA project team, with the development of synthetic environments using the C family of programming languages. The role combines aspects of technical leadership, project management and team building.
WSSE are integral in the development of weapon systems and system architectures, and as a result we have developed a capability supporting developments across the full product life cycle. The team integrate real products, models and synthetic environments to provide visualisations, demonstrations, verification & validation as well as training capability and support.
What we're looking for from you:
- A Lead Software Engineer who is adaptable and creative in their approach to lead a small software development team and advance the technical development of our synthetic environments / simulation components for one of MBDA's weapon systems.
- A strong background in software (C# and C++), and its realisation and system wide impact, with a robust approach to problem solving.
- You will have an open approach to software development, as the software you develop can be used across multiple products and projects so strong communication skills are essential.
- Exposure to real-time software development and simulation standards (DIS and HLA) would be advantageous however it is not crucial.
What's in it for you?
- An opportunity to grow your skills and abilities, whilst supporting the full MBDA development lifecycle.
- You will develop a broader view of systems of systems engineering and drive the technical innovation through a synthetic environment.
- Work on the worlds most advanced defence systems from the initial concepts with advanced visualisation techniques (AR/VR) and demonstrations all the way through to in service support and training.
- Underpinning everything we do is experimentation and you will be part of the team developing new innovative ways and capabilities to support weapon systems development for domestic and international customers
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.