Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward. .
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the Tech Security teams. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
The role is responsible for driving and maintaining our global information and cyber security strategy and controls framework for the organisation in line with the required maturity based on the company’s growth. It represents our information and cyber security position, key risks and mitigations to senior level executives including the Board. Responsibilities include:
- Develop an information security vision and strategy that is aligned to the Funding Circle strategy and supports business objectives, and ensure senior stakeholder buy-in
- Develop, implement and monitor a comprehensive information and cyber security program to ensure appropriate levels of confidentiality, integrity, availability, safety, privacy and recovery of Funding Circle products, services and information assets
- Work effectively with teams across the business to facilitate information security risk assessment and risk management processes
- Own information security governance through the implementation of a governance framework
- Work closely with the Product Engineering teams to ensures that security is embedded in the Product creation process
- Develop and oversee the approval and implementation of security policies across the group
- Engage cross functionally to ensure the consistent application of policies and standards across all products and services, including privacy, risk management, compliance and business continuity management
- Oversee the creation of an information security awareness training program for all employees and establishes metrics to measure effectiveness
- Develop and implement an up-to-date information security management framework based on industry standard practices
- Build an external networks to address common trends, findings, incidents and cyber security risks
- Lead the information security function to ensure consistent and high-quality information security management capabilities in support of the business strategy
- Monitor the external threat environment for emerging threats, and advise on appropriate course of action
- Own the development of implementation of incident response plans and procedures to ensure that business-critical services are recovered in the event of a security event.
- Ensure smooth security operations which encompasses real-time analysis of immediate threats, and triage when something goes wrong.
- Keeping abreast of developing security threats, and helping the board understand potential security problems that might arise from acquisitions or other business moves
- A Security Leader who has the commercial experience and passion for driving best in class security practice
- Proven leader to high performing InfoSec teams as well as driving partnerships across the business
- Proven experience in building credibility in a lean, fast paced technology driven company
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve – as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers – let’s build the incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.