About S&P Global
At the heart of S&P Global, we are an information company. With expertise across the world’s largest industries, we leverage technology and data science to provide the insights, software, and data to help our customers make better informed decisions, driving growth, performance, and efficiency.
About the department: S&P Global's Notice Manger
Notice Manager is the industry leader in leveraged loan referential and transactional dataset. Notice Manager provides high-value datasets to all leveraged loan industry leaders
Starting your Career with Us - Opportunities for Graduates
We hire into a wide variety of exciting roles across our business and as you begin your career with us, we’re here to support your transition into the professional world. In addition to working with our industry experts in your full-time role, you’ll have the space to invest in your personal and professional development through learning resources that will build vital skills and industry knowledge.
Through a wide variety of experiences and opportunities, like all of our colleagues, you’ll become an integral part of our community and culture – all enhancing the exciting work you with the team you’re hired into! You’ll be part of a global community, building an invaluable network of knowledge and support from your mentors, peer group and wider teams.
About the role
The Developer will work with other members of the product team to design and develop deliverables for world class loan datasets to support the automation of the leveraged loan processes. This includes working with senior technical resources in the research, design, documentation, and modification of software specifications throughout the production life cycle. The developer will work on new features and deliverables as well as assist the support of existing operational products both on premises and in the cloud.
Key responsibilities include:
- Transform business requirements them into innovative solutions that support the leveraged loan industry
- Assist in the migration of the product from on-prem data centers to AWS
- Help build a data mastering system for the syndicated loan market that will integrate across products to support syndicated loan data governance and stewardship
- Leverage existing programming languages (C#) to enhance the product set while working with the existing development team to conceptualize, design, and transform existing components and applications to embrace new cloud technologies and languages
- Participate in hands-on development utilizing software programming best practices and design patterns
- Work directly, efficiently, and professionally in an Agile environment with other developers and team members including external clients, senior developers, systems administrators, and business users
- Ability to participate in all phases of the SDLC including requirements gathering, business analysis, configuration management and quality control
What we're looking for
We seek candidates with diverse backgrounds and ideas with a desire to learn and thrive. To be an ideal fit for the role, you should have:
- A bachelor or masters degree (or equivalent work experience)
- >6 years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated passion or interest in one or more of our key industries
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- An aptitude to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- The ability to build strong working relationships in a collaborative setting
- Be legally eligible to work for the duration of the program in the country for which you apply
For Operational Analyst applicants, we recommend the following:
- Adept at C# and other .Net related technologies
- Experienced in agile development practices
- Experienced in SQL and SQL queries
- Understanding of SOA and/or REST desirable
- Basic understanding of AWS cloud technologies desirable
- Experience with Software Design Patterns/Principles including object-oriented analysis, design, and implementation
- Computer science, software engineering, information system degree preferred or substantially equivalent experience
Application and assessment process
The assessment process that follows is designed to ensure you can learn more about us, showcase your skills, and find a role that is right for you.
Stage 1: Submit online application
Stage 2: Online pymetrics assessment
Stage 3: Initial screening process
Stage 4: Final stage assessment
Our commitment to diversity
Our business and our customers are diverse, and we believe that embracing a diverse and inclusive environment is key to defining who we are. Our people are what makes us unique and you will get the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from across the world who continuously find the best viable solutions, adding value and driving change for our customers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning)Job ID:
Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom