MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £45,000 - £55,000
depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking (and gym on site at Stevenage)
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 3 days per week on site and the remainder remote based.The opportunity:
An excellent opportunity has become available within the Complex Warhead Centre of Excellence team (CW CofEx). As a Principal Engineer you'll be working as the Requirement Authority for warheads or fuzes within one of our missile programmes.
You will play a key role in the responsibility for the delivery into the missile programme of a major subsystem, including specification of the subsystem requirements, management of a subsystem supplier, timely delivery of hardware and documentation into the missile development cycle, agreement of the verification programme and oversight of trials.
You'll be working in small and medium sized multi-disciplined teams in collaborative and innovative ways including AGILE best practice, to deliver challenging programmes to time, cost and quality, not just within the UK but also with MBDA colleagues in France, Germany and Italy, giving you opportunities for national and international travel. You will establish strong relationships with customers, partners and suppliers across the UK and Europe, managing the definition and delivery of work packages and subcontracts.
Within this exciting role you will develop relevant domain knowledge in warheads, explosives, fuzes and missiles, with opportunity to acquire new skills with simulation tools and analysis methods, and to implement new and emerging technologies.
Experience in warheads or fuzes is not crucial to this role, but this is a great opportunity to become an expert in one or more missile subsystems and to present at senior level within MBDA and our customer community.What we're looking for from you:
- A self-motivated and adaptable engineer
- Ideally educated to degree or HND level
- Experience in missile design is useful but not essential as training can be provided
- Good team-working skills, and the ability to quickly adapt and present technical data, are essential
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to influence and negotiate with corporate and MoD partners
- Experience with requirements management would be beneficial
- Sensitive to cultural differences and able to adapt accordingly
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.