Financial Crime Compliance (“FCC”) has primary responsibility for the execution of the firm’s enterprise-wide Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”), anti-bribery, and government sanctions compliance programs and, among other things, performs enhanced due diligence and government sanctions screening, as well as surveillance and investigations designed to identify potential terrorist financing, money laundering, bribery, market abuse, or other suspicious activity. OPPORTUNITY
FCC is seeking an individual to join its FCC Transaction Banking -Transaction Investigations team (FCC TxB Investigations). FCC TxB Investigations is seeking a Vice President (VP) with Compliance, Corporate Banking and / or other financial industry experience.
The VP will provide local oversight and general project management for the FCC TxB program. The successful candidate will also be responsible for conducting in-depth transactional investigations to identify AML red flags indicative of potential illicit activity. When problematic transactions are identified, the candidate will take the appropriate steps to escalate, discontinue, and/or mitigate such activity. The ideal candidate would have strong analytical skills, the ability to collaborate with others, the ability to manage projects and processes, and the ability to multi-task. In this role, the successful candidate will work closely with Compliance, Operations, Engineering and Business personnel, and would be expected to quickly gain an understanding of the firm's businesses and the rules and regulations under which it operates. Principal Responsibilities:
- Local oversight of FCC TxB junior personnel
- Production of management information and governance material for Senior Management
- Review transaction surveillance alerts and conduct case investigations to identify potential suspicious activity for reporting purposes
- Identify patterns and trends consistent with money laundering, terrorist financing, and other types of suspicious activity.
- Completion of daily tasks and supporting projects to meet the overall department goals in line with the firm’s AML program.
- Support various AML & Fraud processes, including but not limited to, transaction activity reviews, suspicious activity, fraud referral, investigations, fulfillment of information sharing and law enforcement requests.
- Filing of Suspicious Activity Reports (“SAR”).
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Ability to work independently and in team-oriented workflows
- Collaborative and team player
- Strong analytical and risk assessment skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to prioritize workflows and ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to forge strong relationships with colleagues and clients
- Proactive, self-motivated, detail-oriented and well-organized
- Knowledge and understanding of EU/UK AML Regulations
- Three years + experience preferred in the Compliance, Corporate Banking and / or in other financial industry sector
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity