At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Legal departments are facing significant pressure to demonstrate greater efficiencies and value. New regulations, technologies and events are prompting legal departments to explore new ways to optimise their functions, reduce costs and provide value to the overall organisation. Legal operations in general, and managed services in particular, is one of the fastest growing segments of the legal services market, estimated to be worth over USD3bn.
The investment in legal operations is at the centre of the growth strategy for EY Law, as part of an integrated set of ‘Enterprise Legal Services’ which addresses the complex advisory and operations needs of the modern legal department and puts EY’s multidisciplinary offerings at the disposal of General Counsel.
Within our Enterprise Legal Services, the EY Legal Function Consulting (LFC) team is dedicated to helping companies assess the complexities of delivering value and managing risk in their corporate legal functions through the improvement of people, process and technology. This is an exciting time for LFC, as we build out our practice across EMEIA and we are looking for the right people with the right skills and proven delivery experience to be part of this ambitious strategy. The opportunity
The Legal Technology section of the LFC team offers best-in-class services to clients on their legal technology journey from initial legal tech strategy and roadmap through to the implementation of chosen technology solutions, focused on helping clients improve how they operate their legal function.
You will get to work with the client legal teams at some of the world’s most significant companies and play a pivotal role in re-shaping the delivery of legal services for the future.
As a Manager, you will be responsible for managing client relationships, shaping project deliverables and the execution of those deliverables with the support and coaching of our senior managers and partners. You’ll also be
involved in feeding into proposals and bids, and actively contribute to EY thought leadership and internal operational initiatives.
This will include:
Your key responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key client stakeholders
- Delivery on client engagements, ensuring EY is providing a high quality output for the client
- Managing workstreams with key individuals from the EY and client project team throughout engagements
- Developing the engagement deliverables - proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Excel and visualisation software packages such as Visio and PowerBI
- Creating an inclusive culture throughout the team and within engagements
- Actively developing our business through contributing to sales activity
- Working closely with wider EY teams - across Legal, Advisory, Tax, Transactions and Assurance to bring the best of the firm to our clients
- Developing a community within the team - developing internal practice build initiatives such as Learning, Operations, Resourcing, Recruitment, etc.
Skills and attributes for success
- Process optimisation and ops model design - digital readiness design work to analyse current state processes and design of future state operating models/ workflows to support with implementation and effective embedding of technology solutions.
- Legal technology consulting - developing legal technology strategies and roadmaps. Evaluating, selecting and implementing third party legal technology solutions, ideally within the contract lifecycle management space (e.g., Agiloft, SirionLabs, DocuSign, TR).
- Technology optimisation - assisting clients in leveraging technologies they already have to improve processes, controls and data management.
- Technology innovation - applying knowledge of emerging technologies to assist the client with opportunities to leverage AI, Self-Service, etc. to drive efficiencies across the legal function.
- Continuously improving the legal tech offering - working with our Alliance partners to enhance our joint go to market proposition and internal capabilities.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A track record of technology transformation programme delivery within an in-house legal department or related function
- A vision and passion for challenging the status quo, finding better ways of working and shaping the future of the corporate legal function to provide a better environment for lawyers and the most effective and efficient legal service delivery to their clients and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to identify and address client needs and develop client relationships
- Excellent managerial, organisational, and verbal/written communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of related work experience
- Relevant experience in one or more of the following specialty areas: a) Legal Department Operations, including process optimisation and transformation; b) Legal Technology including implementation consulting and change management activities
What we look for
- Experience within the legal-sector, preferably in-house
- A network within the legal operations, legal technology and in-house legal community
- Experience of working at or with alternative legal service providers
- Excellent skills in presentation, visualisation and analytics software packages such as MS Powerpoint, Visio and PowerBI
This role demands demonstrable delivery and execution experience in legal operations and the ability to develop those skills in others as we build the team, not merely a theoretical appreciation or developing interest in the subject matter. We need someone who can be immediately credible with clients and in the wider market and lead on some of our most challenging client projects, collaborating with senior EY leaders in other specialist areas and managing teams of talented junior professionals. The right candidate will be extremely self-motivated and able to work autonomously as well as being creative and collaborative by instinct. What we offer
As part of this role, you'll work in a highly integrated, global team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits available in your country. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Please apply to this role only through the ‘Apply’ link (not through the local office). Your application will then be routed to the appropriate recruiting team.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build. EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.