Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm’s culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm’s enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm’s second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm’s compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm’s responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape. BUSINESS UNIT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
Financial Crime Compliance (“FCC”) has primary responsibility for the execution of the firm’s enterprise-wide Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”), anti-bribery, and government sanctions compliance programs and, among other things, performs enhanced due diligence and government sanctions screening, as well as surveillance and investigations designed to identify potential terrorist financing, money laundering, bribery, market abuse, or other suspicious activity. OPPORTUNITY
FCC is seeking an individual to join its FCC Transaction Banking - Transaction Investigations team (FCC TxB Investigations). FCC TxB Investigations is seeking an Analyst, ideally with corporate banking and / or other financial industry experience.
The Analyst will conduct in-depth transactional investigations to identify AML red flags probative of potential illicit activity. When problematic transactions are identified, the investigator will take the appropriate steps to escalate, discontinue, and/or mitigate such activity. The ideal candidate would have strong analytical skills, the ability to collaborate with others, the ability to manage projects and processes, and the ability to multi-task. In this role, the Analyst will work closely with Compliance, Operations, Engineering and Business personnel, and would be expected to quickly gain an understanding of the firm's businesses and the rules and regulations under which it operates. Principal Responsibilities:
- Review transaction surveillance alerts and conduct case investigations to identify potential suspicious activity for reporting purposes
- Identify patterns and trends consistent with money laundering, terrorist financing, and other types of suspicious activity.
- Completion of daily tasks and supporting projects to meet the overall department goals in line with the firm’s AML program.
- Support various AML & Fraud processes, including but not limited to, transaction activity reviews, suspicious activity, fraud referral, investigations, fulfillment of information sharing and law enforcement requests.
- Filing of Suspicious Activity Reports (“SAR”).
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Ability to work independently and in team-oriented workflows
- Collaborative and team player
- Strong analytical and risk assessment skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workflows and ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to forge strong relationships with colleagues and clients
- Proactive, self-motivated, detail-oriented and well-organized
- Prior Compliance / AML experience would be a bonus
- Awareness of EU/UK AML Regulations
- One year + of experience preferred
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity