What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
Goldman Sachs has launched an initiative to address regulatory and operation risk in the front office by building superior technology and delivering high quality products. This vision is a multi-year investment in people, platforms and products. Join the team, and participate in the development and launch of best in class products for managing operational and regulatory risks. We are looking for eager, nimble and ambitious engineers to join our growing team of visionaries, and drive Goldman Sachs Engineering to achieve and exceed our goals. Your Impact
This team is accountable for platform architecture evolution to meet the evolving needs of different business lines globally with rapid software deployment. As stewards of critical components in order execution and post-trade, the team is accountable for a high degree of software quality. The team consists of self-guided pragmatic individuals who are motivated to change the status quo in calculated ways.
As a member of the team, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for technology and the markets, with individuals who thrive in a fast-paced changing environment. The team takes a data driven approach to decision making and you should be willing to participate in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, support, and monitoring trading risks for systems and strategies used by our clients.Responsibilities
- Develop high-quality solutions with a particular focus on our user interfaces.
- Drive improvements in the quality of our code, tests and User Experience for all user facing applications.
- Use data to guide decision-making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect it.
- Understand market rules, regulations, exchange service offerings, front to back business functions and build systems to facilitate them.
- Communication with traders, sales, clients and compliance officers about new systems, feature requests, explanation of existing features etc.
- Ability to efficiently work within a global team
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good team player and good interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and able to work in a high paced environment
- Must be willing to handle first line support calls and work on a support rota
- Maintain a focus on quality, attention to detail, communication and delivery to tight timescales
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- Full Stack Developer with 8+ years of experience in developing web applications using HTML5/React.JS/AngularJS/Angular on Typescript
- Able to work as a full stack developer, able to implement features front to back.
- Real time streaming using Websockets, and/or Restful services, and/or Kafka
- Web development frameworks with NodeJS, Gulp etc
- Frameworks and components like Bootstrap, ag-Grid etc
- Familiarity with testing frameworks (Karma, Jasmine, PhantomJS, Selenium, Cucumber) and concepts of Test Driven Development, Regression and Parametric Testing
- Strong OO design skills and experience
- Design Patterns knowledge
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity