Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: EmployeeIntegration Developer
We are looking for a highly motivated and versatile Integration Developer to join our Integration Engineering team across European Operations. Your primary focus will be to design and build essential integration solutions to the highest quality. You will work within an Agile delivery team under a Scrum Master and the direction of a Product Owner.
Being a member of an Agile software delivery team, you will be assisting the Senior Integration Developer in providing; software deliverables, technical documentation, improving code quality and participating in code reviews.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about technology through self-motivation and is pro-active in learning new skills and mastering new technologies. Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience, or clear potential to develop these:
- Delivery timelines, self-motivated and deadline-driven including clear and timely communication should a delivery be at risk.
- The adherence of the SDLC including;
- The effective use of version control systems and workflow (e.g. SVN, Git, BitBucket, Azure DevOps) for both themselves and other developers.
- Code quality including automated unit and system testing.
- The CI / CD pipelines.
- The willingness to constructively challenge the SDLC with a view to improvement.
- To ensure the simplest solution is implemented for a given problem.
- Continuous personal development to learn and master new skills and techniques.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems.
- The proven use of technologies including HTML/REST/JSON/XML.
- The proven use of interface definition technologies such as RAML, Swagger and OAS as well as XML, Dataweave, XSLT and XML Schemas
- The use of version control systems and workflow (e.g. SVN, Git, BitBucket, Azure DevOps)
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
QBE Cultural DNA
- Coaching and mentoring other members of staff.
• Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our DNA (which interlinks seven cultural elements) - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. We expect all employees to role model and inspire the right behaviours that link to our cultural elements:-We are customer-focused-We are technical experts-We are inclusive-We are fast-paced-We are courageous-We are accountable-We are a team. All employees are expected to adhere to QBE’s Code of Ethics and Conduct and apply sound risk management practices
Why QBE? At My Best
At QBE, we want our people to feel rewarded and inspired to perform at their best, that’s why we have created “At My Best”. It’s our connection, our way of showing we have your back. We understand that one size doesn’t fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. It’s in the culture of our business, our QBE DNA, to support our people. Everything we do is underpinned by our QBE DNA - because we know it’s not just what we do that matters, it’s how we do it that makes the difference. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation.
Some of the award’s QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include;
Employer of the Year 2022 Winner - Insurance Insider
British Claims Awards 2022 Winner - InsurTech Award
Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner - Claims Product Solution of the Year
Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021 Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response
Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022 Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women’s Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent
Inclusion of Diversity
We are striving to create a workplace culture where all our people feel included, and we are committed to building a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we operate in.
We know that diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision making, improves the quality of our delivery and helps us to meet the needs of our customers.
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE’s vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to APPLY NOW! Simply click the “apply” button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
Please make the Talent Acquisition aware should there be any reasonable adjustments that may need to be made for the interview and the remainder of the recruitment process.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.