BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
The Digital Intelligence division of BAE Systems specialises in collecting, managing and exploiting information to reveal actionable intelligence. We use this capability to help government and commercial clients reveal intelligence, maintain security and strengthen resilience in today's complex operating environment. We also use our skills to assist clients with other information-intensive problems such as achieving regulatory compliance and understanding customer behaviour.
The Bid Manager role is integral to BAE Systems Digital Intelligence Business Development team in Australia, responsible for both compliance with our assurance and governance process and also timely and responsive communication with our customers and partners.
As Manager of relevant State and Federal panels and frameworks, the Bid Manager is often responsible for the initial correspondence with customers and for the management and production of high quality, competitive bid responses, through all stages of the end-to-end bid lifecycle (opportunity identification to closure). The Bid Manager supports the opportunity qualification, derives and executes the bid and assurance plan, and coordinates the creation of submission content. The Bid Manager also provides coaching in bidding to the wider business, to facilitate a greater level of understanding of how to bid effectively.Accountabilities:
The Bid Manager manages the bid execution program across multiple accounts and implements the bid strategy, manages the development of a quality and coherent proposals, and coordinates the agreed governance process including the production of the associated internal bid deliverables. Working as part of the core opportunity team, the Bid Manager drives consistency and integration through the bid response.
These responsibilities are fulfilled through the application and management of appropriate resources, processes and technology, within the agreed parameters of time, cost and quality / scope. The role holder will be expected to suggest, own and deliver process improvements over the duration of the assignment.
Activities to be undertaken by the Bid Manager include:
- Managing the cadence for Australian forecasted and open opportunities to apply priorities and address resourcing and logistics.
- Ensuring appropriate NDAs are executed with customers and partners, and DPS Screening completed,
- Monitoring Commonwealth and State Government panels and AUSTENDER broadcasts to ensure requests for information, quote and tender are received and considered.
- Management of bid team activities and actions in line with the bid plan
- Manage the bid development process; establishing collaborative bid environment, tracking progress, setting up reviews, providing background material to reviewers.
- Identify, assesses and manage risks to the success of the bid and take action with appropriate management support.
- Ensure that effective governance (i.e. Assurance Framework and other review mechanisms) and mandated reporting policies are adhered to.
- Derive bid budget; monitor costs, timescales and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed budget or agreed task contingency.
- Editing and formatting of the customer proposal or formal response, including gaining agreement on the response structure
- Where appropriate, support activities relating to simple cost modelling
- Close down of a bid, including personal performance reviews, project lessons learned and harvesting of reusable collateral (i.e. improved propositions, updated processes, reusable modules).
In addition to all bid accountabilities, the Bid Manager will provide support to the Business Development leads on higher complexity deals, as well as supporting the bid function in its day-to-day operations.
The Bid Manager will be expected to have a good understanding of the Government procurement processes, and how we use Frameworks and other buying mechanisms to sell our services. This includes Panel and Framework management, co-ordinating variations, extensions and rate increases
The Bid Manager also undertakes the critical role of aligning Australia with our UK Bid Service to ensure seamless communication and assurance for large and complex opportunities which will be approved at International Government level.Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.