National Grid is hiring an AMI Deployment Field Area Network Project Manager in upstate NY to support the deployment of our AMI program across Niagara Mohawk service territory.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is excited to deploy the next generation of Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) technology across upstate NY. The AMI technology primarily operates on a WiSun mesh network, consisting of over 6500 field area network (FAN) devices installed on our distribution system. The network enabled two-way communication with customers to over 2.4 million smart meters and modules in our NIMO territory. We’re looking for enthusiastic problem solvers, looking to support the implementation of cutting-edge technology by managing critical program activities that will enable AMI.
The role will directly support the project management of all network deployment activities in NY, which include a variety of system and field responsibilities across New York State. The role is a hybrid remote role, with approximately 25% of the time spent in the field or traveling.
- Manage elements of the asset deployment and network optimization activities largely on the distribution system
- Working closely with the FAN Deployment Lead, Operations, and internal cross-functional organizations.
- Manage the design and release of work orders from STORMS, our work order management system (WOMS).
- Report, analyze, and manage work order progression throughout the lifecycle and installation performance using analytical tools
- Complete a sample of post construction field audits on installed network assets to assure construction standards, safe work practices, and proper work methods are adhered to.
- Work with the Inventory Management Lead to ensure materials for FAN deployment are distributed, maintained, and procured in a timely manner.
- Ensure a systematic deployment of assets geographically that will enable a timely smart meter deployment.
- Support ad-hoc request, network troubleshooting, and network optimization activities.
- Support network deployment activities in our gas-only territories by working closely with our third-party attachments group (TAG)
- Document lessons learned and sharing insights to the business for continuous improvement.
- Work on process design and continuous improvement across multiple stakeholders such as Overhead Line (OHL), Protection Telecom and Operations (PTO), Resource Coordination, UTOC, and Material Management
- Support the design and deployment of backup battery solutions to extend AMI operations during outage events to enhance our Outage Management System (OMS)
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Good stakeholder engagement skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Bachelor's degree or 3-5 years of relevant field experience
- Project Management or engineering skills preferred.
- Driver’s license required - Required
- Demonstrated leadership skills and effective relationship management skills – Required.
- Demonstrated project management experience – Required.
- Strong organizational skills and analytical skills – Required.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills – Required.
- Must be able and willing to travel within company service territory, as needed – Required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint) – Required;
- Experience in utility construction and network deployment – Preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in WOMS systems such as STORMS and GIS – Preferred.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and work effectively in virtual teams or in the field – Preferred.
$86,000 - $101,000 a year
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.