National Grid is hiring an AMI Deployment Business/Data Analyst to support the deployment of our AMI program across our NY and MA service territories. This position could be located in Upstate NY, NYC or New England.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
We are the Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Field Deployment Group at National Grid. The AMI Deployment Business Analyst position is a critical role in coordinating this effort and it is a great opportunity to join an exciting program, at the heart of modernizing meter technology. AMI is a foundational technology to enable our clean energy future and reimagine how customer’s will engage energy management in the future.
The MFD team is responsible for deploying 2.4 million smart meters and modules to National Grid's Upstate NY customers. We are committed to exceeding the expectations of our customers, shareholders, and communities today, while delivering the energy systems of tomorrow.
- Manage daily return to utility work managed by field deployment
- Monitor daily reports of installed meter status to validate normal operation
- Run and analyze queries to monitor AMI installation performance to identify trends, opportunities, and corrective actions to assure a successful deployment of assets
- Troubleshoot reports and take ownership of corrective actions when they arise
- Direct, create, and maintain a repository of Deployment planning data attributes to be issued for key stakeholders
- Create and maintain KPI’s that will be used to inform leadership of the health of the overall project and shared with key stakeholders
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders in to obtain and share information that will benefit National Grid
- Work on process design and continuous improvement across multiple stakeholders, as well direct support in further development of the AMI analyst role
- Support the expansion of AMI across all of National Grid
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Effective relationship management skills
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and agile to changing conditions.
- Ability to work in virtual teams
- Bachelor's degree in a field that focuses on Business and/or Data Analysis is strongly preferred
- 2+ years of data analytics work REQUIRED
- Knowledge in systems such as FSL/Salesforce, Command Center, or CSS a plus
- Ability to build and maintain project wide metrics to be shared with leadership
- Strong analytical skills
- Exposure to SAP or equivalent ERP system
- Experienced in creating models with Power BI and/or Microsoft Excel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint). Visio and Projects is a plus
Upstate NY $60,000 - $71,000 a year
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.