National Grid is hiring a Specialist - MA DER Program Support for our Customer Energy Strategy and Support department. This position can be considered in the following locations: Northboro, MA, Worcester MA, Waltham MA, or North Andover, MA
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
To support MA customers with connected distributed energy resources (DERs) such as solar and battery storage, including but not limited to SMART, Net Metering, and other incentive program participants.
- Manage and prioritize a portfolio of connected DER customer requests that need to be processed by our billing support teams in a timely manner
- Provide customer service to connected DER customers, such as large solar farms and other DER customers sending/receiving incentive program bill credits or incentive payments
- Manage customer expectations and communications throughout the process of problem resolution
- Respond to billing questions about MA SMART, Net Metering, and other incentive programs
- Process transfer of ownership, credit allocation, and other paperwork so that billing accounts can receive DER incentives on their utility bills
- Troubleshoot metering and billing issues with customers that own connected DERs; and acting as a liaison between CEI, the Contact Center, and other back-office and field-based functions at National Grid
- Learn and help document training materials for customers and employees related to key MA DER incentive programs, processes, and policies
- Assist other Customer Energy Integration (CEI) team members with ad hoc DER data management, process improvement, automation, and IT enhancement projects as needed
- Perform annual, recurring reporting tasks or filings related to various DER incentive programs.
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate degree with 1-3 years’ experience, or 3-5 years of related work experience
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Proficiency with basic math skills and some experience with Microsoft Excel is required, familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 applications (including Outlook & Teams) is also strongly preferred
- Experience working with National Grid’s CSS billing system, Salesforce or other similar web-based, customer-facing IT platforms is desirable (but not required)
- Demonstrated ability to learn, understand, and effectively communicate complicated programs or policies to customers and other team members is required.
- Familiarity with MA utility billing practices and/or DER incentive programs is strongly preferred (familiarity with other energy markets and incentive programs will also be considered)
$74,000 - $87,000 a year
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.