National Grid is seeking experienced Energy Efficiency Sales Representatives for our New England market.
As an Energy Efficiency sales professional, you will be responsible for working with our Commercial and Industrial customers to engage them in our Energy Efficiency and electrification programs. You will be the catalyst driving energy efficiency projects and delivering savings to National Grid’s Energy Efficiency and Electrification goals.
The sales representative will also be responsible for the introduction and sale of any new products National Grid brings to the marketplace.
As part of our Commercial Sales team, you will be responsible for researching accounts, developing account plans, conducting any and all sales activities and deliver on assigned sales targets. This includes maintaining strong sales funnel and achieve high appointment and close rates.
In addition, you will act as the first point of contact representing National Grid to customers providing information about our available services and be at the forefront of communicating market developments in the energy industry in order to ensure the optimization of best practices for our customers and for National Grid.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited too):
- Develop and execute sales plans, in line with National Grid’s overall business objectives, in order to increase opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Generate sales opportunities and appointments for the large customer markets at or above assigned targets.
- Follow up on leads and develop effective relationships with current and prospective customers in order to explain and promote National Grid services for the purpose of creating sales towards our electrification and Energy Efficiency goals
- Collect required information, analyzing EE savings and electrification data using pre-determined tools, methods and formats in order to understand performance against targets.
- Manage the day to day relationships with customers, other industry contacts, and fellow sales representatives in order to understand and deliver appropriate solutions, in line with National Grid policies and processes.
- Work effectively with deal team, PEX and other business units in order to assist National Grid in the achievement of sales goals and other initiatives.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with other business units in order to identify savings opportunities, share best practice and understand and challenge business decisions.
- Utilize established financial / sales tracking systems to track savings performance against budgets and highlight variances in order to manage and control specific cost variables.
- Follow workplace safety requirements and company ethics compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree is required or equivalent
- In addition, 5 years of progressive sales/outreach management experience including planning, project implementation, budget management, and client/account management.
- Experience in the energy, utility and/or efficiency industry and Salesforce.com a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal skills as well as knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications are also required.
- Strong collaboration, consultation and negotiation skills, use of visual aids, data or information to support line of reasoning, presentation to both technical and non-technical groups, superior organization skills, and successful experience developing and implementing outreach strategies are required.
$115,000 - $135,000 a year
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.