National Grid is hiring a Technical Training Analyst. This position is located in Henry Clay Blvd, NY.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
To deliver high quality learning experiences that meet clients' technical, regulatory and safety learning needs through a blended learning approach and support the design and development of learning solutions.
We are looking for an organized and customer focused individual to join the Global Technical Training Team at National Grid. Working as a Technical Training Analyst you’ll support the US Technical Training Planning Manager with the end-to-end planning, administration and learner management for all Global Technical Training interventions. On a day-to-day basis you’ll also provide support to the wider business, Global Technical Training and New Talent teams. You’ll also be the first point of contact for all key external customers and our Managed Service Provider for vendor delivered training. You’ll support the Global Technical Training Service Now Learning Portal , acting as an administrator and responsively answering customer queries generated through the ticketing system. You’ll also provide system support for the Learning Management System (LMS), ensure the accuracy of the LMS data and provide training compliance management information, when requested.
In this role you’ll use your excellent problem-solving skills to resolve a high number of non-routine queries. You’ll become a highly experienced user of the LMS and provide support and guidance to lesser experienced colleagues. To succeed in and more importantly enjoy this role, you’ll be an organised team player, who takes a customer centric approach to resolving issues and enjoys working to targets.
This role is a full-time, permanent position that will be based at our Henry Clay Blvd office. As part of our hybrid working approach, this role offers a mix of office and home-based working.
To provide key analytics support in learning and development to deliver maximum client value and ensure compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements. .
• Ensuring compliance, regulatory and safety training and exams are scheduled on-time.
• Coordinate with the OQ team, Gas Resource Planning, and Operations to provide reporting requirements necessary to meet customer expectations and the business plan.
• Partners with key internal stakeholders to track employee movement related to job changes and new hires, new to role impacted by compliance, regulatory and safety training.
• Provide Learning Management System technical support to Operations managers, supervisors, and field personnel.
• An understanding of Learning Management Systems, preferably SuccessFactors
• Experience in Learning and Development administration, ideally
• Experience with Microsoft packages including Excel, Word & Powerpoint
• Good analytical skills, with an ability to quickly analyse information and make decisions
• Be able to demonstrate good communication skills and develop effective working relationships at all levels, both with internal and external Customers/Stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure to meet critical deadlines
• Competent in providing guidance and instruction to others as required.
• Able to work in a fast moving, changing environment
$64K - $75K a year
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.