- Being thoroughly familiar with the mechanical and electrical operation of turbo-generators and steam generators with their auxiliaries and other plant accessories and with all control equipment governing the operation thereof. Also, being thoroughly familiar with the operation and control of all plant and substation electrical equipment.
- Observing all instruments and controls of one unit including steam generators and auxiliaries, turbine auxiliaries, and main generators. Operating all equipment of one unit, including steam generator and auxiliaries, turbine auxiliaries, and main generator under direct supervision of the Control Operator.
- Operating soot blowing and dust collecting equipment.
- Reading daily operating orders and instructions and following same under direction of Control Operator. Making inspections or investigating trouble sources as directed by the Control Operator or Shift Supervisor at any location within the plant.
- Taking and recording readings as required.
- Performing other comparable duties as may be assigned by the Control Room Operator or Shift Supervisor.
APPLICANTS WHO POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED:
Candidates must have a high school degree or GED
QUALIFICATIONS: Apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems. Perform arithmetical or algebraic and geometric procedures in standard, practical applications.
EXPERIENCE: Two years plant experience.
NOTE: Applicants will be required to successfully pass an Assistant Control Operator Screening Test prior to selection.
In addition to possessing the qualifications for this vacancy, employees selected will be expected to work overtime in accordance with departmental requirements and to participate in the Company's Emergency Restoration Program as may be required. Employees selected for this classification will be required to participate in federally mandated drug testing programs prior to selection, randomly on a year-round basis, after an accident and for reasonable cause.
Valid NYS Driver’s license is required
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.