Join National Grid’s digital transformation! We are digital creators, continuous learners and daring innovators. We leverage digital innovative ways to create products and catalyze the transformation of National Grid's business units into more agile and digitally native organizations in our shared purpose of bringing energy to life. Come and join us on this incredible journey, We need you!
We want to find an innovative, adaptable, and results-oriented CSS Technical Lead for one of our critical business units to manage key functions of our CIS Platforms. If you yearn to be innovative, contribute new ideas, and play a critical part in the US IT Global Solutions Development Organization, we want to hear from you!
The primary role of the Technical Lead will be to lead a team of technical professionals consisting of internal and external partner resources in the development and delivery of project solutions. The Technical leads will oversee a team focused on software development, technical issue resolution, and delivery of the final solution.
The Technical Lead will work hand in hand with Project Managers to plan, roadmap and deliver on environment build-outs. The Technical Lead will be the interface between the development team and the project management. He/she will support the creation and execution of business critical or complex technical solutions that meet user needs and improve business performance by providing technical analysis, problem solving, and troubleshooting as part of a project development team.
What you'll do
• Provides technical direction for the design, development, and systems integration from definition phase through implementation.
• Applies significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve solution/service delivery for internal and external stakeholders.
• Reviews proposals for technology systems.
• Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
• Ensure the timely completion and approvals of project deliverables
Technical Effort Management
• Creates and enables technical plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Keeps team members well informed of status and serves as liaison between both vendors and project portfolios.
• Owns technology oversight and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout various projects.
• Identifies project risks and plans mitigation action with the PM at project level
• Manages technical resources within budget and project schedules.
• Understands complex technology concepts and effectively employs different solutions as are appropriate to the engagement.
• Possesses demonstrated work experience with multiple vendors and technology portfolios.
• Possesses significant knowledge of client/server and internet systems architectures.
• Understands networking concepts in a WAN environment.
• Assists in managing interaction and expectations regarding technology delivery results.
• Communicates effectively with vendors and internal stakeholders to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions.
• Continually seeks opportunities to increase business excellence and deepen vendor relationships.
• Builds a knowledge base of each vendor’s business, systems and abilities.
• Facilitates team and vendor meetings effectively.
• Holds regular status meetings.
• Delivers engaging, informative, well organised presentations.
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
• Inspires co-workers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
• Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
• Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
• Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
• Lead will be the interface between the development team and the project management.
• Facilitates effective team interaction.
• Acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
• Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
• Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
What you'll need
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or similar field; or equivalent work experience.
• 8-10 years of Technology Lead/Project Management experience.
• Experience building out/standing up environments from an infrastructure perspective for delivery
• Experience working as a strategic liaison/technology consultant between portfolios and business units
• Ability to manage vendor relationships and hold vendors accountable for specified results
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• 5+ years’ experience in a SDLC environment
• Ability to influence and build relationships and demonstrate team leadership in all interactions.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Communicates effectively with stakeholders to identify needs and propose alternative solutions.
• Technical and functional knowledge of the Customer Billing Systems CSS (Customer/1) or Meter-to-Cash/Revenue Cycle Management
• Knowledge and experience with Mainframe, COBOL, DB2, UNIX, GoAnywhere, MuleSoft MFT,, C++, Foundation Case Product (FCP).
• Familiarity with Agile development is a plus, although training is available.
Are you the right fit for this exciting role? You want to learn more about the position and National Grid's ambitious Digital Transformation? Then let's chat!
Our organization follows a hybrid work structure in our service territory (NY & MA and adjacent states) where employees can work remotely or from the office, as needed. Working from the office is encouraged when working on tasks that require a high degree of collaboration. We work with our employees to foster a work schedule that fits your flexible schedule.
At National Grid, we keep the lights on and homes warm. But it’s so much more than that. We keep people connected and society moving. This is no easy feat, and it takes all of us. But National Grid supplies us with the environment to make it happen. As we generate momentum in the energy transition for all, we don’t plan on leaving any of our customers in the dark. But we aren’t looking for external recognition – we already what we do is vital. We’re building a clean, fair and affordable energy future.
$95,000 - $112,000 a year
Please be advised that due to the nature of this position, incumbents are subject to federal Drug & Alcohol safety regulations governing US Department of Transportation ("DOT") covered positions, including the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Pipeline Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA). As such, the Company’s testing programs and policies regarding the use of federally prohibited drugs or alcohol, for recreational or medical purposes, will remain in effect for these safety-sensitive, DOT covered positions.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.