Join National Grid’s digital transformation! We are digital creators, continuous learners and daring innovators. We leverage digital innovative ways to create products and catalyze the transformation of National Grid's business units into more agile and digitally native organizations in our shared purpose of bringing energy to life. Come and join us on this incredible journey, We need you!
We want to find an innovative, adaptable, and results-oriented Software Quality Engineer for one of our critical business units to lead major initiatives within our Software Quality Engineering team. If you yearn to be innovative, contribute new ideas, and play a critical part in the US IT Global Solutions Delivery organization, we want to hear from you!
What you'll do
As a Software Quality Engineer, you'll manage key functions of QE. Main responsibilities include the following:
- Be responsible for driving the Software Quality Engineering efforts across unit, module, system, and user acceptance testing
- Work with offshore & Onsite QA teams with Quality testing techniques
- Be responsible for designing and implementing test framework including automation in a fast-paced Agile development environment using the latest software development and test methodologies.
- Set the vision for Manual & Automation preferably with Cypress, Selenium & APPIUM
- Work with multiple teams, define QA tasks with priorities, and help team members to fulfill them.
- Manage Test Artifacts in JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint & XRAY
- Represent QA teams and participate in planning and execution using agile methodologies such as SCRUM and serve as a key driver to improve product quality.
- Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision.
- Participate in all sprint activities including, daily scrums, grooming/sizing, planning, requirements gathering, story writing, and solution design sessions
What you'll need
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- 4 to 7 years of experience in software/quality/Automation engineering
- Hands-on experience in Automation FW & scripting
- Experience gathering requirements, asking right questions and if needed, diving into prod usage (front end /backend) to get answers
- Experience pulling together a workload model based on infrastructure sizing
- Experience creating Automation scripts and running tests using tools like Selenium web driver, Cypress, Neo load/LoadRunner/JMeter
- Knowledge of the monitoring of systems using system tools or APM tools like Dynatrace, New Relic etc.
- Experience setting up DB traces and analyzing them
- Knowledge of SQL, Oracle and hands-on experience querying databases
- Experience leading a team of resources and working with vendor partners
- Offshore leadership skills
- Good Stakeholder relationship management skills
It would be awesome if you had
- Utility experience
- Testing knowledge of middleware technology and associated testing tools
- Data experience
- Experience in Production Performance Testing
- Experience in technologies like Salesforce, Mainframe, SAP
What you'll get
- Consistent growth potential through company leadership programs
- Competitive compensation package including robust benefits with a yearly bonus
- Numerous wellness programs
- A multitude of company-endorsed community programs to participate in
Are you the right fit for this exciting role? You want to learn more about the position and National Grid's ambitious Digital Transformation? Then let's chat!
At National Grid, we keep the lights on and homes warm. But it’s so much more than that. We keep people connected and society moving. This is no easy feat, and it takes all of us. But National Grid supplies us with the environment to make it happen. As we generate momentum in the energy transition for all, we don’t plan on leaving any of our customers in the dark. But we aren’t looking for external recognition – we already what we do is vital. We’re building a clean, fair and affordable energy future.
$88,000 - $105,000 a year
Please be advised that due to the nature of this position, incumbents are subject to federal Drug & Alcohol safety regulations governing US Department of Transportation ("DOT") covered positions, including the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Pipeline Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA). As such, the Company’s testing programs and policies regarding the use of federally prohibited drugs or alcohol, for recreational or medical purposes, will remain in effect for these safety-sensitive, DOT covered positions.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.