National Grid is hiring a CNI Network Manager for our CNI team in Liverpool, NY, Melville, NY or Nortborough, MA
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid’s US Critical National Infrastructure (CNI) department currently provides IT support services multiple control systems, including Energy Management Systems (EMS), Outage Management Systems (OMS), Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS) and Gas Management Systems (GMS) that drive the company’s operations.
This position is within National Grid US CNI organization with primary responsibility is to oversee the engineering and operations of the networks supporting the control systems.
- This role will require development and maintenance of network strategies aligned with the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) strategy and in coordination with Enterprise Architecture.
- This role will develop and maintain strong relationships with control system and program management leadership.
- This role will maintain strong relationships with regulatory agencies, industry associations, and key network vendors.
- Lead a team of professionals, providing guidance, mentoring, and fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Ensure control system networks are designed, operated, and monitored to achieve 99.99% availability.
- Ensure participation of network support of high priority incidents 24x7.
- Effectively collaborate with CNI infrastructure and application teams.
- Coordinate with compliance teams to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements in the CNI network domain (NERC CIP, TSA).
- Coordinate with security teams to ensure adherence to corporate security policy and network security program initiatives.
- Ensure required CNI network controls are in place and effective.
- Set performance goals, conduct regular performance evaluations, and provide constructive feedback to the CNI network engineers.
- Foster cross-functional collaboration and effective communication among various departments with a focus on CNI data networks.
- Manage CNI network asset management, including tracking of technical debt and creation of investment programs as needed.
- Manage support contracts with CNI network hardware and software vendors.
- Manage the CNI networks financial planning, including forecasting and monitoring of financial performance.
- Cultivate a culture of accountability, innovation, and continuous improvement within the data network team.
- Develop strategies to mitigate risks and leverage opportunities for favourable outcomes specific to critical system data networks.
- At least five (5) years experience in network operations or engineering.
- Possesses a good understanding of best practices for managing and maintaining data networks.
- Resourceful, willingness to research and attend training to build knowledge/understanding of implemented technologies to provide a wide range of support capabilities
- Operating System and Application vulnerability patching tool experience (for example: WSUS, IBM BigFix)
- Ability to meet deadlines, time constraints and periodic requirements
- Strong understanding of regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate teams within the data network domain.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external key stakeholders.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to make sound decisions in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated track record of driving results and achieving targets within the data network space.
- Experience in leading technical teams
- Proven experience in business planning, strategic analysis, and financial forecasting is desirable.
- Knowledge of the electric and gas utility industry and regulatory landscape is desirable.
Salary: $111,000 - $140,000 a year
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.