National Grid is hiring a Supervisor, Non Operations for our Northborough, MA
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Supervise a team within Account Maintenance & Operations to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. This role will translate functional policy by designing and implementing procedures that drive greater efficiencies and performance within their own team and for National Grid. At the higher levels this role will also manage relevant projects to add or improve functions of the department and lead the organization through business transformational change.
- Supervise and develop a high performing and culturally diverse workforce
- Execute instructions and requests, plan and organize resources and make appropriate arrange and processes
- Monitor performance, quality of work, and productivity of staff
- Monitor business processes in order to identify opportunities for improvement and promote best practices
- Manage day to day relationship with relevant business areas
- Review and monitor financial information where appropriate
- Experience leading through change or business transformation
- Experience leading a team involved in providing a transactional support service in support of National Grid’s objectives a plus
- Must have a good working knowledge of tools and systems within designated area, SalesForce a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with processing billing transactions in the CSS billing system a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Possesses theoretical knowledge and understanding of National Grid’s policies and processes and how to apply them effectively.
- Experience managing and leading the work of a team / business unit is preferred.
- Experience working in a Union atmosphere adhering to a negotiated contract aligning with Company goals or education in the area of Labor Relations.
- Experience managing conflict, negotiating mutual benefit resolutions, and objectively evaluating and taking action upon a wide variety of employee situations (work and personal).
- Problem solving skills in cross functional environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
$71,000 - $84,000 a year
Salary commensurate with location and experience
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.