This role is for an EPM Partner (US or UK), supporting the Global Transformation Organization and is part of US Enterprise Partnering based in Waltham, MA.
This EPM Partner role is part of the Enterprise Performance Management Center of Excellence team. EPM is focused on delivering an outcome and results oriented culture and alignment to our shared Group Strategic Priorities. Technical finance experience NOT required but analytical experience is required.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
As EPM Partner to Transformation, act to:
- Support, challenge and embed performance management into NG and its transformation
- Build and maintain trustful relationships with stakeholders within the BUs, functions and Group
- Oversee and shepherd the governance for our global efficiency programs and support global performance reporting on efficiencies
1. Support the creation of a performance culture across the BU/Functions as they embed their transformation plans
2. Drive global performance reporting on efficiencies and develop insights for executives
3. Support the governance of our global efficiency programs (Evolution, WPD Synergies, etc.)
4. Support assurance and benefits tracking of progress on transformation initiatives and benefits realised
5. Engage collaboratively across EPM and TO to drive rigour, consistency and insight into BU/Function monthly reviews
6. Provide analysis to support alignment of transformation objectives to performance management and financial planning process
7. Help identify where EPM Lead needs to hold candid performance conversations
8. Support Head of EPM and EPM Leads in driving a culture of accountability
- Demonstrate an understanding of how value is generated within the area supported, and of operating within a regulated business environment
- Demonstrated comfort with data analysis, excel models, and using data to draw insights
- Hold a track record of strong stakeholder management for a defined area
- Ability to think enterprise-wide and long term, in the context of financial performance
- Evidence of comfort communicating with executives
- Bachelor’s Degree or Accounting qualification
- Experience in utility service business activities and systems, interest in clean energy preferred
- Can-do attitude: positive, organized, detail-oriented, proactive, high EQ, eager to learn
$128k - $166k in Brooklyn, NY a year.
$119k - $154k in Waltham, MA a year.
$107k - $138k in Syracuse, NY a year.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.