About the role
As Portfolio Management Office (PMO) Manager you will provide a holistic view of the performance, planning and financial overview from the Product and Platform portfolio office ensuring consistency in approach to selecting, planning, running, and closing product and platform changes within the portfolio against the key measures which will be time, cost and quality.
The Product and Platform portfolio office will be the conduit for status reporting, performance analysis and information for senior management with a key objective of allowing senior leadership to make informed decisions based on the information and insight. As well as leading the delivery of reporting, you will help with the holistic view on risk management and resourcing in NGET CIO Function, ensuring that there are the relevant controls in place to keep these areas well managed. You will also be responsible for developing organisational goals and plans, monitor/evaluate data to assure delivery of goals and objectives to ensure delivery. We are looking for an individual who is comfortable working with senior stakeholders to understand their requirements but with the ability to challenge and maintain alignment to the core PSO service catalogues and PMO governance standards
What you'll need
- Experience of managing a PMO office, preferred experience in a technology function
- Can successfully operate at Executive level, forming strong relationships and engagement as needed across all levels of the Business Entity
- A good understanding of the industry within which they are operating
- Experience of working within a heavily matrixed organisation, with the ability to drive for results
- Experience of IT strategic, investment and programme planning ensuring alignment with business strategy and priorities
- Strong background in process and performance improvement, using project data to enable informed decision making
- Experience of matrix management of resources
- A good understanding of financial management, benefits management and realisation linked to business results
- A good understanding of agile ways of working and product delivery model
- Strong critical reasoning and problem solving
- Skilled at setting up career development plans to attract and retain permanent resources in a specialised environment, building technical capability that both supports the current demand of the team and creates career progression through the PMO structure for longer term stability
Why join our team
- A competitive salary between £55,000 - 75,000 depending on capability
- 15% Annual Performance Bonus
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- A competitive contributory pension scheme where we will double match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%, giving a total of 18% to your pension pot
- Life Insurance at 10 times basic salary
- Access to a number of flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving to name a few
- Financial support to help cover the cost of professional membership subscriptions, course fees, books, exam fees and time off for study leave – so long as it’s relevant to your role.
- Family care benefits including a back-up care service for when your usual care arrangements fall through (six paid days each year as standard with the option to purchase further days)
Closing Date for Applications: 18 June 2023
Location: Warwick with Hybrid working
Grade: Band D
Hiring Manager: Isurie Gooden
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Global IT /Permanent
At National Grid, we work towards the highest standards in everything we do, including how we support, value and develop our people. Our aim is to encourage and support employees to thrive and be the best they can be. We celebrate the difference people can bring into our organisation, and welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds, and offer flexible and tailored support, at home and in the office.
Our goal is to drive, develop and operate our business in a way that results in a more inclusive culture. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, the innovation from diverse teams & perspectives and business need. We are committed to building a workforce so we can represent the communities we serve and have a working environment in which each individual feels valued, respected, fairly treated, and able to reach their full potential.