About The Role
Title: Risk Engineer (Capital Projects)
Location: England (Hybrid)
Climate change is the biggest challenge facing our generation. The transition to clean energy is critical to helping us achieve the goal of reaching net zero carbon emissions by 2050. As National Grid Electricity Transmission is at the heart of energy in the UK, we have a big part to play in supporting the delivery of a decarbonised energy system.
We have a new opportunity for a Project Risk Engineer who will provide support to deliver an efficient and effective risk management service for our key Infrastructure projects to:
- Facilitate the identification and analysis of risks on projects at key stages within the project life cycle
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative risk analysis workshops
- Ensure that projects have a risk register, the risks are up to date, that they are regularly reviewed and that appropriate mitigation action plans are put in place and acted upon
- Provide regular reports on the risk status of projects and ensure specific risks are being managed
- Advise projects on appropriate management of contingency and ensure that risk information is utilised effectively in driving value for money and efficiency improvements
- Promote a risk culture in the project and provide support, education and training at all levels.
- Support the improvement of the risk management process towards 'best practice' project and programme risk and contingency management
We’d hope to see you in one of our offices a couple of days a week and you’re welcome to come in more often. We’re happy to discuss any additional flexibility in working patterns or requirements that you feel could help make this job work for you. And you’ll welcomed into a positive, inclusive organisation that aims to become one of the most diverse, equitable and inclusive companies of the 21st century.
You might not have experience of every accountability listed below. Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At National Grid we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace for everyone. So, if you’re excited about this role but your experience or qualifications don’t match the job description exactly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right person for our growing business in this role or another one:
- People, Stakeholder and Communication skills
- Skilled in operating industry standard risk tools e.g. ARM, PREDICT
- Experience in a complex project environment including cost analysis, estimating, planning and project controls
- User of a number of IT tools in addition to the risk tools including Microsoft Office packages Technical or Specialist
- Knowledge of risk management approaches, techniques and modelling capability for projects
- Experience in all aspects of project and programme risk management facilitation
- Able to build cost and schedule risk models using @Risk and Primavera Risk Analysis
- Understanding of project and programme management methodologies and tools including Primavera P6
What You'll Get
- Salary of £49,310 - £62,000 dependant on capability
- Annual Performance Based Bonus
- 26 days annual leave, plus eight statutory days
- The option to buy additional or sell holiday days
- Generous contributory pension scheme - we will double-match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%
- Financial support to help cover the cost of professional membership subscriptions, course fees, books, exam fees and time off for study leave – so long as it’s relevant to your role
- Access to several flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving to name a few
- Family care benefits including a back-up care service for when your usual care arrangements fall through (six paid days each year as standard with the option to purchase further days)
- Access to a numerous apps which support health, fitness and wellbeing
National Grid Electricity Transmission (NGET) is at the heart of energy in the UK. The electricity we provide gets the nation to work, powers schools and brings energy to life. Our energy network connects the nation, so it’s essential that it’s continually evolving, advancing, and improving.
In NGET we are passionate about both operating our network safely and providing highly reliable quality of supply for our customers. At the heart of achieving these outcomes is the effective control and operation of our network.
To find out more about us, please follow the link below:
The closing date for applications is 21st September 2023
At National Grid, we work towards the highest standards in everything we do, including how we support, value and develop our people. Our aim is to encourage and support employees to thrive and be the best they can be. We celebrate the difference people can bring into our organisation, and welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds, and offer flexible and tailored support, at home and in the office.
Our goal is to drive, develop and operate our business in a way that results in a more inclusive culture. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, the innovation from diverse teams & perspectives and business need. We are committed to building a workforce so we can represent the communities we serve and have a working environment in which each individual feels valued, respected, fairly treated, and able to reach their full potential.