We are looking for two Global IT & Digital Category Managers to join our Global Procurement team on a permanent, hybrid working basis, working in the UK or US.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join National Grid’s Global Procurement function & their Global team. The Procurement team spans across the UK and US with a dedicated team focused on leveraging global opportunities in Indirect, Direct and IT. We are currently looking for individuals to join both the Global Indirect and Direct Procurement teams. The global team is made up of 30 talented professionals with a clear mission: to enable a clean, fair, and affordable energy future through commercial, responsible, and innovative supply chain leadership, specifically focused on leveraging global opportunities across the entire span of National Grids business.
There are two roles. Global Category Manager for Hardware and Global Category Manager for IT Professional Services.
These positions will also play a pivotal role in shaping and executing our Supply Chain Transformation program and how National Grid partner more closely with the supply chain and further harness our scale as a group.
There are some key accountabilities that we need these roles to deliver:
• Accountable for Global Category Management for the assigned Category within IT & Digital Procurement
• Expert Category and market experience of your Category areas in both the UK and US markets. Typical portfolios include spend c.£200m plus
• Design and implement cost savings strategies across Hardware or IT Professional Services
• Provide leadership, direction, and support across the regional function
• Develop and deliver all aspects of end-to-end category management for your portfolio to meet the needs of the business, and the Supply Chain Transformation program.
• Drive our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modelling inclusive behaviours, and proactively managing bias
• Motivate for performance and drive innovation and improvement in ways of working
• Grow and develop the team’s technical and behavioural capabilities
• Build collaborative and purposeful relationships with existing and potential supply chain partners
• Develop & maintain effective stakeholder relationships with internal customers to become a trusted business partner
• Provide strategic Sourcing oversight of Sourcing events for the Category
• Manage, coach, and develop Category team members in their professional development
• Able to execute complex sourcing activities implementing more than one option: RFX, e-sourcing and reverse auctions
• Analyse forecast trends and track category savings targets in support of Procurement and category team commitment and goals.
• Evaluate and apply the concept of total cost of ownership (TCO) and switching costs to support decision making
• Potential line management of 4 to 6 people reports