BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,500 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 10 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats, strategic engagements.
We have a vacancy for an Engineering Manager to lead and co-ordinate the engineering team for a key project for the Royal Navy, ensuring the accreditation and timely delivery of the solutions being implemented.Role Summary
We are looking for a Project Manager who will help shape, mobilise, plan and lead projects for internal business and for external customer objectives. You will ensure appropriate capability is in place to maximise performance, delivering to the schedule, quality, scope, financials and client satisfaction, all in line with BAE Systems assurance processes (and appropriate external assurance processes).
This specific role will involve leading technical engineering and consulting teams working on data and digital technologies, therefore successful applicants will need to be able to blend the general project management skills detailed below with a foundation level of engineering background in order to be able to understand enough about the project they are leading and communicate effectively with the engineering team. Successful applicants will also need to be experienced in delivering projects using Agile methodologies.
This role will require you to have or be willing to go through Security Clearance.What you will be doing:
- Mobilise and build required capability including the best available resources on contract award, maintaining this approach throughout project execution, providing leadership to project and programme based staff, with management of suppliers, subcontractors and associates where required.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (external and internal customers) and actively manage the customer's expectations through appropriate communications, reporting, assurance and governance.
- Shape and plan the project, including the overall schedule and governance with selection and/or application of appropriate methodologies, processes and tools; refining and enhancing the project schedule, resources, estimates and costs to complete and the execution against an agreed schedule, milestones and cost baseline.
- Demonstrate pro-active management of internal and external key project controls including (but not limited to) RAID, financials (including margin, forecast costs to complete, technical and management contingency, revenue and capital cost), quality, scope and schedule performance, ensuring delivery of the agreed scope against the agreed contract, acceptance criteria, SLAs and change requests.
- Continually refine and enhance the project schedule, resources, estimates and costs to complete and the execution against an agreed schedule and cost baseline.
- Support to the sales and account management team in renewals, extensions and business development cross-selling opportunities.
- Close down of the project at the end of an engagement, including personal performance reviews, project lessons learned and harvesting of reusable collateral (i.e. improved propositions, updated processes, reusable modules).
Candidates should be able to demonstrate that they are able to:•
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Define, document and execute small projects or work-packages within a larger project, e.g. less than six months, with a small team, limited budget, no interdependency with other projects, and no significant strategic impact.
- Identify, assess and manage risks to the success of the project and take appropriate action.
- Prepare realistic project and quality plans and track activities against the plans, providing regular and accurate reports to senior project managers and stakeholders as appropriate.
- Monitor costs, timescales and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed budget or agreed task contingency within their work-stream or project area.
- Ensure that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are recorded.
- Provide effective leadership to the delivery team and suppliers, and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- Act as a primary point of contact for the client and has day to day accountability for the services and solution being provided.
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.