MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £45k depending on experience
What we can offer:
- Bonus of up to £2,000
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking (and gym on site at Stevenage)
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working – such as supporting school runs. However, this is a hands-on role which will primarily require attendance to site, typically 5 days a week.
MBDA are looking for a facilities engineer to join our Mechanical and Climatic Test Department. The role has two main components;
- Design and manufacture of thermal enclosures for combined temperature vibration testing of Missiles and Weapon Systems.
- Maintenance and repair of temperature and vibration test equipment.
This role will be imbedded in our structural test team, but you will work closely alongside facilities engineers in three other test teams within the function.
You will use CREO to design thermal enclosures to support combined test environments and then work with the wider team to construct the enclosures in line with the drawings. This process may also require you to work with our Trials and Analysis team to conduct thermal modelling of the enclosure prior to construction.
You will also work closely with our other facilities engineers to maintain all of our test equipment across the department. This will include electrodynamic shakers, bearings, pumps, thermal chambers and other systems.
What we're looking for from you:
- Practical experience of maintaining mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Experience with CREO or other CAD tools.
- Awareness of Environmental Engineering tests and equipment.
- Experience conducting thermal modelling.
- Experience maintaining electrodynamic shakers.
- Experience maintaining refrigeration systems.
- Experience with hand tools and power tools.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.