MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: £36,204What we can offer:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: This role is a 37 hour on site at Bolton role.The opportunity:
MBDA are looking for an experienced Electrical Test Operator to carry out test tasks within the operational business in accordance with product certification procedures, defined workmanship standards, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project goals.The Role:
What we're looking for from you:
- Certify the product as per the product certification procedure
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks
- Carry out setting-up procedures for testing, to include the awareness of the need for periodic re-calibration of test equipment
- Carry out tests on electronic equipment in line with test instructions, using specified test equipment
- Carry out simple fault-finding procedures on electronic equipment
- Keep test records and reporting faults for rectification
- Ensure manufacturing test times are met
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process
- Maintain a safe working environment and a good housekeeping policy
- Communicate best practice to other team member
- Mandatory requirement for a formal technical engineering or craft apprenticeship in Manufacturing Engineering, either:
- Vocational G or H Units with Further Education, or
- Vocational TR23/TR21 Units with Further Education or
- Vocational NVQ3 with Further Education
- Minimum further education requirement:
- City & Guilds Parts 1,2 & 3 or ONC/HNC
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.