MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £63,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
The role allows for hybrid working from MBDA offices or your home location. For this role, a minimum of 2 days on-site is to be scheduled each week with 1 additional day each month at our customer base in Filton, Bristol and Stevenage (dependent on which is your usual work site). Business demands are dynamic and these will determine the ways of working location. There may be occasional travel to MBDA France, Germany and Italy
NB: Please note that the successful applicant will need to be in agreement to achieving the required levels of security clearance with acceptable restrictions or no restrictions (SC then DV),The opportunity:
Become the Lead of the Infrastructure Services Analyst function acting as our UK Linux Subject Matter Expert responsible for technical innovation, service assurance and team member leadership. The role is challenging, dynamic and rewarding. Your contributions will be valued and there's great opportunity to learn and progress within MBDA.
- Provide technical support and direction to other Infrastructure Analysts
- Build and maintain highly effective relationships with our internal customers, colleagues and suppliers to ensure customer needs are met, services perform and meet cost expectations
- Constantly identify, drive and implement technical and service innovations to deliver real business benefits
- Technically assess the quality of our suppliers capabilities, tools and deliveries to identify changes that improve services, system performance, reliability & availability
- Provide technical expertise, advice and guidance in support of projects and also to help resolve Linux issues in our customers Lab environments
- Ensure that documented Linux designs, builds and guides are current; identify and resolve areas of design weakness; spot and drive opportunities for new technology
- Create and maintain technology roadmaps for the Linux estate to support our customers use of our services
- Collaborate with and support counterparts based in MBDA's France, Germany and Italy business to share experiences and identify opportunities for technical change
- Expert level at Linux distros & technologies such as RHEL or Centos, Ubuntu or Debian etc.
- Strong understanding & use of containerisation & virtualisation technologies such as Docker with an ability to exploit them
- Highly capable in applying and implementing Automation using technologies such as Ansible or Kubernetes
- Highly capable in use of monitoring tools and data analysis to spot system and performance issues and trends
- Demonstrable ability to resolve complex technical problems through to root cause fix; able to own, drive and lead mixed discipline teams
- Experience of technical people leadership and growing positive peer and supplier relationships
- Ability to work effectively in multi-discipline, multi-cultural and diverse teams including directly with technical customers who develop applications in Linux & Microsoft environments
- Experienced in operation of Network, SAN, NAS storage solutions
- Operational capabilities of Cloud Services such as Microsoft Azure
- Experience of HPC solutions (High Performance Computing)
- Understanding of Database Technologies such as Oracle, MySQL, MariaDB, Influx DB
- Experience of PowerBI
- Awareness of backup technologies such as Cohesity
- Operational capabilities in the use of monitoring tools such SCOM, Nagios, Dynatrace, Splunk
- Relationship management
- Agile methodologies
Join a great team!
We have an excellent record of accomplishment for delivery. It is collaborative in nature, flexible and open-minded. We will offer you the chance to bring innovation and shape the future of IT within MBDA. We are strongly committed to providing appropriate technical and non-technical training to our teams.
The team have won many Business awards for "contribution to the Business" and "working together as a team" in 2019, 2020 & 2021. This is because every member has the opportunity to broaden their horizons – both in technical knowledge & managerialOur Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.