MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £60,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking (and gym on site at Stevenage)
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Major Equipment Procurement (MEP) function at MBDA Missile Systems. MEP focus on the sourcing, contracting and supply of tailored high value / high complexity sub-systems and new technology acquisition in support of such systems needed to deliver world leading defence capabilities for our home Nations and their Allies.
We are also responsible for developing and maintaining long term, open, collaborative and commercially robust business relationships with suppliers who are crafting and delivering sophisticated sub-systems and outstanding services for MBDA and its Customers.
We are seeking a Senior Procurement Manager to support a team of procurement professionals who, in turn, handle multiple critical supplier work packages such as Rocket Motors, Launchers, Warheads, Seeker Systems and much more, leading the procurement strategy and delivery in support of for multiple Export contracts.
The Major Equipment Procurement role is unique, fast-paced and exciting. A key aspect of the role is combining your wealth of commercial expertise with stakeholder management skills to lead senior business relationships with strategic suppliers across a wide range of initiatives and strategies to drive overall supplier performance.
What we're looking for from you:
As a Senior Procurement Manager, you will be empowered to ensure suppliers perform their contractual obligations in order to maintain MBDA's ability to meet its customer delivery milestones and the MEP team are given the right support and tools to enable this to happen.
You will be responsible for acquiring Value for Money (VfM) solutions, drafting and negotiating subcontracts and, once on contract, overseeing the management of the associated supplier programmes and subcontracts.
You will need to establish effective relationships, at all levels, to embed collaborative working within both MBDA multifunctional project teams and the supplier's organisation, ensuring the selected solution is developed and delivered by the supplier to meet MBDA needs.
Key aspects of the role involve:
- Creating a clear vision for the team and Procurement Strategy, for in predominantly an export environment.
- Providing Commercial/Contractual advice, guidance (including advice and guidance on export control, Offset, Industrial Participation and Intellectual Property) and support to team members and internal customers.
- Synthesise multiple, often sophisticated inputs to establish direction and sustain value-added activities.
- Support the Procurement Managers in handling major supplier relationships and lead negotiations across platforms and programmes in support of export campaigns.
- Provide advice and guidance on high-risk suppliers to Senior Management.
- Line management and development of personnel as required.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.