BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,500 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 10 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Our international clients include commercial businesses, governments and defence organisations focussed on their national cyber mission, national security or international solutions. We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Security Consultant
to join our fast growing International Government division. Where you can help our customer's understand their exposure to cyber security threats and risks. This exciting role can lead to progression into any of the three other Cyber roles: Enterprise Security Consultant; Security Architecture Consultant or Technical Security Consultant.What you will be doing
As a Security Consultant,
you will be helping clients clearly understand their exposure to cyber security threats / risks and put in place pragmatic and cost effective controls. Identify, manage and treat risk to a client's information and information technology assets. Day to day tasks will include things like:
What skills and experience will you need?
- Understanding business and information risk context (typical business drivers, cyber security threats and implementation challenges) of our customers
- Judge risk at a technical and business process level and clearly articulate both verbally and in writing to key stakeholders
- Reviewing effectiveness of controls (in relation to known controls frameworks as appropriate) and proposing proportionate security improvements
- Analysing and researching security technologies to support the development of innovative solutions
- Assess risk at the business function or process level
- Lead client interviews or small investigations to determine business impact
- Conducts site security visits and environmental security assessments
- Apply standard frameworks or relevant BAE Systems IPR / standard approaches
- Lead the creation of risk assessment/reports
- Work with account teams to identify new opportunities for work and support the production of quality proposals
- The ability to articulate and pitch security advice, often at a technical level, directly to key customer stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as both written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- You will have a strong experience in a commercial industry such as financial Services, banking, insurance, the energy sector or perhaps telecoms.
- Practical understanding of technical aspects of cyber security (e.g. threat modelling , vulnerability management, penetration testing, protective monitoring)
You must have the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this position. Security Clearance is required for this role, if you are not currently Security Cleared; you will need to be eligible for this and willing to go through the clearance process.How we will support you:
- Azure Cloud Security and MS Defender experience
- Exchange Online Security experience
- Conditional Access policy knowledge and be confident preparing technical risk assessments
- Experience with toolsets including Qualys, RiskSense and ServiceNow would be highly desirable
- Understanding of regulatory requirements such as CBEST and TIBER
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Work-life balance is important; you'll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You'll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE Systems
- Don't know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You'll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and well being.
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.