MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £60K to £65K
depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to 27% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking (and gym on site at Stevenage)
This is an exciting, high-impact opportunity to make a real difference to both MBDA and our Customers. Working closely across a wide stakeholder network, both internal and external, national and international, across industry partners and defence organisations this role is focused on ensuring our Customers get the very best out of the Meteor weapon system.
Working as part of the wider Meteor team you will be interfacing directly with Customers and Users of the weapon system to provide a critical linkage across the many contributing elements that ultimately ensure our Customers' maintain the exceptional Military Capability that the system offers.
You will be responsible for maintaining an understanding of the capability offered by the Meteor weapon system (both from an industry perspective and a User perspective) to each of our customers and subsequently working with stakeholders to make and coordinate plans to maintain and further enhance the capability offered by Meteor.
You will have the opportunity to gain an extremely in-depth understanding both of the Meteor weapon system, but also the way that our Users work with it, often interacting directly with the front line and their close advisors.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for experienced defence engineers or former military staff to leverage their skills and experience whilst gaining further valuable experience from the role.What we're looking for from you:
- Drive, enthusiasm and commitment to the ultimate goal of ensuring Customer satisfaction in the product.
- A ‘self-starter' and highly proactive individual that is ready to take the initiative and create and explore new opportunities for furthering the activities within the scope of the role.
- Awareness of the military operating environment (ideally the air-to-air combat domain) together with an awareness of the engineering aspects of delivering a complex missile system.
- Demonstrable ability to manage extensive, complex, stakeholder networks and coordinate interlinked activities across these networks.
- You will have the skills and behaviours to work effectively in a complex internal and external partner environment, together with an ability to work with and through others at all levels.
- You will already hold, or be willing to undergo Developed Vetting (DV) security clearance and be willing to travel both nationally and internationally to visit partners and customers!
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.