BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.Role summary
This role will be expected to lead and manage the procurement activity for bids/projects in support of business winning and follow on sub-contract management of defined areas of responsibility as allocated. It is expected that a Procurement Manager will deliver an optimized service, quality and cost offering to the customers of Procurement (both internal and externally facing) and to deliver sustainable (measurable) service excellence through demonstrable customer satisfaction.
The Procurement Manager will manage all subcontract activities in conjunction with technical team including subcontract construct, negotiation, implementation and on-going monitoring of performance against defined targets of performance, cost and delivery, whilst adhering to the policies and governance in the Procurement function.
You will be required to travel to two of our main clients (London and Glous) or the offices near (Bluefin, GBP) for 2-3 days every other week so ideally reside close to these locationsWhat you'll be doing
What we're looking for
- As part of bid or project teams support/lead/manage on the subcontract shaping, drafting and negotiation of subcontracts and manage and report on all subcontract activities in support of bids/projects through the lifecycle.
- Build & develop relationships and manage eco-systems of suppliers
- Delivery of improvement in overall value (quality, cost, delivery, performance) from supplier base.
- Identification, assessment and management of subcontracted risk in support of associated bids/projects.
- Undertake vendor assessment and identify opportunities to develop supply base.
- Establish and maintain effective KPI's to enable accurate measurement of performance.
- Assist in review and development of business processes as required.
- Maintain effective communications and develop appropriate relationships with internal and external stakeholders and become an advocate for Procurement.
- Establish and develop a network of SMEs to support the business growth
- Work to the appropriate standards, safety and policies.
- In addition to the above, when undertaking contract management duties:
- Follow the contract review procedure defined in the contract and over lay with any additional business requirements and the supplier management process
- Ensure adherence to the schedules and undertake any corrective action necessary with suppliers
- Where performance issues are identified undertake supplier improvement plans
- This role requires a solid procurement background and a good understanding of complex technical programmes, consulting, software product development or cyber security solutions
- Previous Procurement and Subcontract experience in an IT environment perferable, including in depth experience across strategic sourcing, contract negotiations and forming supplier relationships
- Establishing and managing subcontracts in large (> £20M) prime contractor projects within IT/IS domain.
- Subcontract commercial management of large prime contract solutions within HMG and commercial business sectors.
- Establishing and managing eco systems of suppliers including SMEs.
- Financial management experience of complex subcontracts.
- Ability to drive supplier analysis, evaluation, selection and maintain supplier strategy.
- The ability to deliver tangible project savings in a challenging environments
- Experience of DEFCONS useful
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Good degree in relevant subject.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Ideally IACCM/CIPS
- Please note that due to the business nature of this position we can only accept applicants who are UK Nationals
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.Division overview: Functions
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Functions teams enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.