Asset & Wealth Management Division:
Across Asset and Wealth Management (AWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals.
Private Wealth Management (PWM) Alternatives Engineering Team:
- The Private Wealth management (PWM) business within Asset & Wealth Management division provides comprehensive Investment Management services and advice across a full-range of asset classes for very high net worth individuals. PWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to service clients. This platform helps realize a client's goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
- Across AWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
Alternatives is a flagship revenue growth initiative for the firm & Wealth Management. There has been exponential growth in Alternatives investing last couple years and the Alternatives industry is evolving rapidly.
PWM Alternatives Engineering team is currently driving number of initiatives that will enable platform scale & flexibility needed for the expansion of Alternatives offering to PWM clients. From expansion to offer new Open-Ended Alternative funds in the market to building flexibility as the Alternatives industry evolves to Hybrid funds to enabling an open architecture giving PWM clients access to non-GS Alternative funds, the engineering team in integral in the build out of the platform.
This application is a full-stack Alternatives trading platform, designed for scale, built using the latest strategic technology solutions, and deployed to support Advisor & Alternative Capital Market teams across the globe.
We are looking for an Engineer to join the team who enjoys solving complex problems and is passionate about developing highly reliable and performant software systems. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
This is a full-stack Engineering role which will involve the candidate working across a variety of areas, primarily Micro-service development in Java and interaction with MongoDB, as well as flexibility for UI development in Angular. It requires the candidate to be familiar with distributed services, testing, system monitoring and reporting, and the SDLC process.
This role offers the opportunity to work with a best-in-class team of Engineers building an exciting new platform for our PWM Alternatives business. The team works directly with a variety of stakeholders, including the ultra-high net worth alternative capital markets team, product & operations teams, and partnering closely with engineering teams across the division to help in evolving the alternatives platform.
As a team lead, the individual will have the opportunity to lead a team of analysts & associates working within the team, organically build the team
through active recruiting, coaching and be the local reporting manager for the team. The lead will also build close partnership with local sponsors & stakeholders both in the alternatives space and broadly across engineering in the region. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Prior industry experience developing in Java, Angular & Non-SQL technologies such as MongoDB
- Experience with micro-services, Java deployments & devOps tools such as Gitlab
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices
- Experience leading a team & driving the team to success
- Experience and continued aspiration to be client facing & engaging stakeholders to build strong partnerships
- An ability to drive to goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and documentation skills - both verbally and in writing to effectively interact with multiple people and global teams
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong team player & experience working with global teams
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity