MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £46,000 pro rata, depending on experience. This role can be carried out on a one year Fixed Term Contract or as a permanent position, for 3 days per week part-time.
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 pro rata (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
We are looking for a Part time Occupational Health Advisor (3 days per week onsite in Stevenage) to join the Occupational Health & Wellbeing (OH&W) Team. The OH&W Team are committed to protecting the health and wellbeing of all MBDA employees, providing a comprehensive service to the business with a combination of internal and external services.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will contribute to the ongoing development and delivery of an efficient, effective and high quality OH service, providing specialist knowledge and expertise that is responsive to the current and evolving unique needs of MBDA UK.
You will ensure service delivery is in line with best practice, compliant with departmental policies and procedures and meets legislative requirements. The role may require occasional travel to other MBDA UK sites to ensure consistency of service.
What we're looking for from you:
We are ultimately looking for a dynamic, proactive and motivated individual who is passionate about occupational health and driven to deliver an excellent service, promoting both physical and mental wellbeing. Your responsibilities will be varied. We will be looking for you to do the following:
- Deliver a proactive health service that protects and promotes the physical and psychological wellbeing of all MBDA UK employees.
- Carry out the full remit of an Occupational Health Advisor, including health screening, health surveillance, case management and remote screening for travel health.
- Be proficient and confident in delivering presentation and reports at forums and meetings
- Build and maintain strong working relationships across functions of HR, Safety and the wider business and respond appropriately to give expert guidance in the field of OH.
- Meet different challenges of projects or work streams, and demonstrate excellent organisational and IT skills in response to changing business needs.
- Work well within a team, and as an OHA support to assist the development of the OH technicians, and the wider OH team.
- Provide clinical advice to support the wellbeing strategy, including wellbeing initiatives across the annual calendar, and assist or deliver regular manager training activities.
- Lead on projects and drive service delivery improvements.
- Deliver good case management reports, health surveillance activities, prioritise and manage your time effectively.
What you need:
- NMC RN part 1, RN part 3 – SCPHN (OH) registered
- Experienced in Occupational Health - pre placement assessments, health surveillance, case management, lifestyle screening, triage and responding to queries
- Good written and oral interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.