Goldman Sachs Engineering Culture
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets
Engineering is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here! The Role
- Part of the Trading and Booking team within the PWM division where we are working on building scalable and multi asset Order Mgmt and Trade booking platform. The team provides unique opportunity of building Trading platforms with ample scope to understand the complex domain and opportunity to work closely with the Traders and the Portfolio Managers.
- Develop APIs, workflows and libraries that handle our core functionality
- Be involved in all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC) including effort estimation, the gathering of business requirements, the design, development, reviewing, building, testing, and deployment of commercial scale software changes
- Make code quality decisions, and ship solutions to provide value to our business
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, our business, and other engineers to define product vision and objectives
- Work as part of a team to hit delivery milestones and navigate blocker issues
- Apply agile methodologies in a sprint-based development team
- Engage with support teams to troubleshoot and solve production issue faced by users
- Analyze new tools and technologies from the Java community to proof of concept and come up with recommendations to integrate into our platform
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 3 years of software development experience
- 2+ years of Java experience
- Experience designing and writing REST APIs
- Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable multi-tasking and working as part of a global team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience building scalable and distributed micro-services
- Experience in working with Trading systems and Order Mgmt systems.
- Experience working with an event-based architecture e.g. Kafka
- Experience with NoSQL databases e.g. MongoDB
- Commercial awareness
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity